Noel | Syracusefan.com

Noel

Espn's graphic didn't even have us listed as recruiting him. Obviously not true.

Hate to say it ... UK. He's been talking them up pretty good

He has a chance to become the best basketball player in the world some day. There are probably only two, maybe three, Syracuse players ever you could have said that about.

Hope we get him.

If you google Nerlens Noel, the second choice that comes up after "Nerlens Noel" is "Nerlens Noel Syracuse". Not that it means anything but id loveeeee to see it stay that way permanently.

any place to watch a replay of this game? forgot to set the DVR

reminder Grant will be on ESPNU tomorrow

any place to watch a replay of this game? forgot to set the DVR

reminder Grant will be on ESPNU tomorrow

I'll give you a quick summery but you should check the ESPN listings on their site or on your navigator. They might just replay it overnight.

Edit:

You can watch the replay of Noel's game here on ESPN 3

Noel is an off the charts shot blocker, today's game was no different.

The best part of his swats is he keeps them in play.

He knows enough to stay planted until the offensive player truly goes up to take a shot.

It was too bad that he got whistled for so many fouls, early, as that put him on the bench in the 3rd period and Brewster went on a bit of a run and got a lead of over 10 at times.

When he came back in Milton made a run and narrowed it to 3 points but a few turnovers by the lesser players made winning that game impossible.

The biggest surprise to me was his offensive game. He has nice touch with some soft finger rolls 5 feet from the basket on the move.

He was like one for two at the line several times.

His presence in the middle was very disruptive.

Most of the players on both teams were very athletic.

The big guy who is going to Michigan and is #2 in this years class Mitch McCary didn't score much but he hauled in quite a few boards.

Noel's buddy Goodluck (Oriaki's cousin)wasn't much of a factor but he did have one great take off from the baseline and a send it home Jerome moment.

Steve Lavin was there as was Mick Cronin and of course Pay Pal Cal.

This is the list that they gave, on screenUConn, Fla, UK, KU

*A few moments later they did mention us as Cuse. He is seranaded by UConn, Ga Tech, Fla, Cuse, Kent, Kansas Cuse, Duke No Car (when I watched it originally I missed that)

Syracuse was also promently displayed on ESPN's running banner constantly throughout the game. "Bernie Fine accuser says he lied", blah, blah.

From what I could tell he ended up with 22 points, 8 rebounds and 7 blocks

Paul Biancardi, ESPN national recruiting guru said Noel is the best high school defender since Greg Oden. He said Nerlens will have his pick of any school he wants.

6-5 Sophomore guard Wayne Seldon is also an interesting prospect.

I'll have some articles and possibly some video of his game up in the Monday Articles.

All the recruiting experts have tweeted that for Noel its between Cuse and UK....how the %$^& do we not get mentioned the entire broadcast!?

I'll give you a quick summery but you should check the ESPN listings on their site or on your navigator. They might just replay it overnight.

Noel is an off the charts shot blocker, today's game was no different.

The best part of his swats is he keeps them in play.

He knows enough to stay planted until the offensive player truly goes up to take a shot.

It was too bad that he got whistled for so many fouls, early, as that put him on the bench in the 3rd period and Brewster went on a bit of a run and got a lead of over 10 at times.

When he came back in his team made a run and narrowed it to 3 points but a few turnovers by the lesser players made winning that game impossible.

The biggest surprise to me was his offensive game. He has nice touch with some soft finger rolls 5 feet from the basket on the move.

He was like one for two at the line several times.

His presence in the middle was very disruptive.

Most of the players on both teams were very athletic.

The big guy who is going to Michigan didn't score much but he hauled in quite a few boards.

Noel's buddy Goodluck (Oriaki's cousin)wasn't much of a factor but he did have one great take off from the baseline and a send it home Jerome moment.

Steve Lavin was there as was Mick Cronin and of course Pay Pal Cal.

The entire broadcast of approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes Syracuse was not mentioned once.

Every time they showed the list of schools or uttered them we were no where to be found.

Syracuse was, however, promently displayed on ESPN's running banner constantly throughout the game. "Bernie Fine accuser says he lied", blah, blah.

Paul Biancardi, ESPN national recruiting guru said Noel is the best high school defender since Greg Oden. He said Nerlens will have his pick of any school he wants.

I'll have some articles and possibly some video of his game up in the Monday Articles.
I was very impressed with his timing on the block shots. He has a good feel when to jump and be aggressive or to stay patient and keep his hands up. His offense wasn't too bad as well and should only get better as time goes along. Really hope we do land him because he'll definitely wreck havoc in the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom