Not advocating for it but if there is a change | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Not advocating for it but if there is a change

Richt underachieved at a powerhouse SEC program. But I'm sure if he came to a program with a fraction of the resources with less fertile recruiting ground he'd kill it. :rolleyes:

Tommy Tuberville

If Edsall has a great OC to come along with him I would be for it. I don't remember him ever making any bonehead timeout or 4th down decisions.

He can leave the dance moves at the door, thank you.

coach mac was great but who cares about 1989? orangepa has taylor swift blaring right now wondering why she never shows her belly button

90% of the time I hate where your mind is going but damn that other 10% is something special!

Edsall's very mediocre. I'd honestly rather roll the dice on Shafer. Not a big Shafer guy right now but he probably had a higher ceiling than Dancin' Randy, even if the floor's a by lower.

Randy went to the Fiesta Bowl. Shafer only goes there with a ticket.

Randy went to the Fiesta Bowl. Shafer only goes there with a ticket.
shafer did his part the year edsall went to the fiesta bowl. but we didn't go because (wait for it) our offense sucked

I would take Tom Coughlin right now actually.

Randy had his shot at coaching this team. Let the burn taste when he doesn't get a look. He could have come at a time when we needed him and chose not to interview. I actually think he's a decent HC but the ship sailed on him

As I understand it he refused to work for TGD.

Only question I have is would Edsall allow the players to have facial hair? If Yes, then nope. If No, then you could consider him.

Tommy Tuberville

Ehhh I get what your saying, but I just don't feel like he'd be a fit here. We need someone who can scheme. I feel like his scheme is to take his five star back and smash it into his five star offensive line.

I mean he had Matt Stafford, Knowshon Moreno and AJ Green on the same team...and went to the Citrus Bowl.

Ehhh I get what your saying, but I just don't feel like he'd be a fit here. We need someone who can scheme. I feel like his scheme is to take his five star back and smash it into his five star offensive line.

I mean he had Matt Stafford, Knowshon Moreno and AJ Green on the same team...and went to the Citrus Bowl.
I think you're thinking of Richt

I think you're thinking of Richt

I know.

I said initially that I wouldn't want Richt because hes underachieving at UGA and would likely not be successful at a smaller program.

He said TT as an example of a guy who underachieved at an SEC program, went to a smaller school, and was successful.

That was because of the BCS restriction on only 2 teams from 1 conference. That 2008 team didn't get to BCS bowl because the SEC had #1 Florida under Tebow and #4 Alabama which was #2 until Florida beat them in the SEC title game get the SEC's 2 BCS bids.

Richt's 2007 team if they didn't lose a stupid game would have played for the NC.

My first choice would be the coach of Toledo. He has done well everyplace he has been. Started off as a very good D player but has been on the O side of the ball for a long time. Seems to run a ship more like Doug in that he is a task master with the kids not so much buddy buddy but by all accounts he is really respected by them. Seems to run a clean program as well. I would hire him as the HC let him call the plays and load up on a great DC and strong recruiters/teachers. Last points i believe that he has OL coaching experience and it seems that those that do make solid coaches. He is also considered a very strong recruiter. Young guy on the upswing will be in demand not sure what it takes to land him but i would say 2-2.5 million with a 5 year deal gets it done. He is my number one choice if we let Shaf go.

Richt's 2007 team if they didn't lose a stupid game would have played for the NC.

Losing stupid games seems to be a recurring theme with him.

My first choice would be the coach of Toledo. He has done well everyplace he has been. Started off as a very good D player but has been on the O side of the ball for a long time. Seems to run a ship more like Doug in that he is a task master with the kids not so much buddy buddy but by all accounts he is really respected by them. Seems to run a clean program as well. I would hire him as the HC let him call the plays and load up on a great DC and strong recruiters/teachers. Last points i believe that he has OL coaching experience and it seems that those that do make solid coaches. He is also considered a very strong recruiter. Young guy on the upswing will be in demand not sure what it takes to land him but i would say 2-2.5 million with a 5 year deal gets it done. He is my number one choice if we let Shaf go.

Campbell would be my first choice as well.

OrangePA said:
I like him because: (1) he's a friggin genius - literally engineer from RPI; (2) he has extensive coaching experience on both sides of the ball - lots of OL coaching experience which I like; (3) he knows Syracuse and Central NY - I think that's an important factor; (4) he has the Bill B pedigree that I think sells.; (5) he apparently relates well to players and (6) he could be a legacy coach. JB had no head coaching experience. Marrone had no head coaching experience. Get the right guy and that's not as much a factor for me.
Coaches from the Belichick tree have pretty much turned out to be disasters as head coaches, other than Saban, but his father was a coach, so there could be other influences that were more important than Bill in his success.

edsall's offenses are terrible. that's what disqualifies him. you might get an average offense every 4 years. no thanks

That's the biggest issue. And they were terrible on both sides of the ball the last three years.

If Edsall has a great OC to come along with him I would be for it. I don't remember him ever making any bonehead timeout or 4th down decisions.

He can leave the dance moves at the door, thank you.

He got hired in the middle of the year at Maryland. His teams were awful on both sides of the ball. Just awful.

How about just no retreads huh? (Edsall, Richt, Golden etc)

He got hired in the middle of the year at Maryland. His teams were awful on both sides of the ball. Just awful.

He's 6-3 all time vs SU, kicked our butt last year at full strength and beat USF this year by double digits while we got beat by USF by 3 TDs .

If his MD teams were awful what does that make us?

I know.

I said initially that I wouldn't want Richt because hes underachieving at UGA and would likely not be successful at a smaller program.

He said TT as an example of a guy who underachieved at an SEC program, went to a smaller school, and was successful.

The college football world where 141-51 is underachieving? Sign me up please. (and I'd take Tuberville to 153-88)

Richt

2001 8–4

2002 13–1

2003 11–3

2004 10–2

2005 10–3

2006 9–4

2007 11–2

2008 10–3

2009 8–5

2010 6–7

2011 10–4