Not All Was Lost on Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Not All Was Lost on Saturday

Well played. But not so fast my friend, the old Conts took 'em down on the gridiron.
Had a friend of mine from NY Mills who went through 4 years at Hamilton without losing a single collegiate golf match. Became a dentist. Leon Kantor, great guy.

Hamilton beat Williams for the first time in 25 years...so I had that going for me...

First time in 19 years.

And no one knows what a lord Jeff is

First time in 19 years.

And no one knows what a lord Jeff is
Actually a bit creepy.
th

Hamilton beat Williams for the first time in 25 years...so I had that going for me...
Awesome! Have you met coach Murray? I played for him at Alfred. Great guy and a great coach. He will get you guys turned around

bout friggin time! And you forgot to mention they broke the 25 game losing streak over three seasons finalfreakingly.

Now they're gonna try and suck me back in over there...I think the football Gods hate me making these the two teams I follow. When I was there in the stone age they came off something similar followed by 10+ good years. Hope history repeats itself.

Awesome! Have you met coach Murray? I played for him at Alfred. Great guy and a great coach. He will get you guys turned around
yeah everyone I know says great things about the guy. I was one of the point man for 10 years with alumni functions and support to try and help things out over there. The chronic losing with no end in sight and with little administrative support (for ex. kids getting into Williams/Amherst and Trinity but not Hamilton) we finally said enough. The new guy has his job cut out and the good news is they're at least again being competitive.

My old assnt. coach says this new guy is great and has what it takes. But I frankly don't think it's possible given the state of football right now particularly at a school like Hamilton. With the concussion issue fewer and fewer "smart" kids are playing the sport. And with the ones that do fewer and fewer can even get into the school these days. Combined with it being $65,000 a year to go there public school kids like me won't even consider it and the only ones who are now are the prep pretty glory boys like Patrick (CIL :);):cool:).

No if the dude can turn them around to a winning record it will be such an amazing and hurculean accomplishment given the recent history to the point where even us here at SU might take notice to allow an interview (which is what happened the last time it was turned around when our coach bolted to an FCS school).

Last edited:
yeah everyone I know says great things about the guy. I was one of the point man for 10 years with alumni functions and support to try and help things out over there. The chronic losing with no end in sight and with little administrative support (for ex. kids getting into Williams/Amherst and Trinity but not Hamilton) we finally said enough. The new guy has his job cut out and the good news is they're at least again being competitive.

My old assnt. coach says this new guy is great and has what it takes. But I frankly don't think it's possible given the state of football right now particularly at a school like Hamilton. With the concussion issue fewer and fewer "smart" kids are playing the sport. And with the ones that do fewer and fewer can even get into the school these days. Combined with it being $65,000 a year public school kids like me won't even consider it and the only ones who are now are the prep pretty glory boys like Patrick (CIL :);):cool:).

No if the dude can turn them around to a winning record it will be a hurculean accomplishment to the point where even us here at SU might take notice to allow and interview.
He will do it, I remember when I was getting recruited I considered Hamilton but the cost and the state of the program were major turnoffs.

Just an interesting note, but Dave Murray was the head coach at Cortland when Former HCDM first started coaching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom