Not discussed as much as I thought might | Syracusefan.com

Not discussed as much as I thought might

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Loved Babers' view on continuing to utilize Dungey's legs, albeit hopefully in a smarter way than last year. I thought we might lose that in this system and I'm glad that won't be the case. Completely agree with his sentiments below:
"Dungey's legs are a valuable part of what he does," Babers said. "We're not taking his legs out of the game. We just want to make him the Russell Wilson of the ACC. We want him to be smart and get down when he does those runs and not stay up and take an unnecessary shot.
"It would be unfair to him and unfair to the team to not give him an opportunity to bring those legs into the game because his legs are special.
"You're just making him normal, and we don't want to be average."

Just hope they keep emphasizing the need for him to run "smart". I shuddered when he took off on a couple of occasions Friday night, but he seemed to know when it was time to pull the ripcord and make a soft landing rather than making a crash landing into some DB/LB's helmet.

I also agree with earlier posts that he needs to check off his reads before he decides to leg it. Ish was so-o-o-o open on one occasion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom