Not enough war thinking for our team | Syracusefan.com

Not enough war thinking for our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliCuse

All American
omparing football to war isn't original. A major part of war strategies deception, diversion and surprise. A great deal of this emanates from the passing game.Passdesigns that confuse are successfully employed by pas routes that include crossing patterns and passing on what may SEEM to be calling for a running play for in short yardage.Using Ishmael and maybe Erv Phillips to cross down the field forces the opposition secondary to quickly choose which one to give more attention to. When Moe gets here next year the opportunity to create confusion with speed mobility will increase exponentially.A great TE like lark adds to our offense just as much Leste should have "fun" designing plays if he likes this part of the game.We have good number of talented player NOW. Beating USF is really a must win to get to the magic 6. I see it as possible and probable if Saturday goes our was as it should.

IMO, comparing football to war is disgusting. I get what you're saying about mentality and strategy, but there has to be another way to say it. It's a game.

See Winslow Jr, Kellen for how to go about it the wrong way.

IMO, comparing football to war is disgusting. I get what you're saying about mentality and strategy, but there has to be another way to say it. It's a game.

See Winslow Jr, Kellen for how to go about it the wrong way.
Such comparisons begin and end with Carlin's take on football vs. baseball.

I like the war analogy , I remember reading about what a great football fan condolezza rice was , because she was a huge student of military history and always compared football to battle strategies .

At a very basic level you play a game to win, you fight a war to win. To some degree strategies, tactics, plays, etc., are designed to give you an advantage over the competition/opponent. Factors such as talent, experience, training, leadership, coaching, etc., play into the equasion. The tie breaker is frequently desire, who wants it most. I think if you ask our guys they would say they are going to war every game. I like their chances because they show me every play, they want it.

People are way to freakin' PC. Its not a literal comparison, so BFD.

Just a guess but Im sure the people who are offensed are not in the military or veterans.

I like the war analogy , I remember reading about what a great football fan condolezza rice was , because she was a huge student of military history and always compared football to battle strategies .

Condy Rice? Wasn't she the coach of the White House touch football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.