Not one of these UK/Wisc. refs should be allowed back | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Not one of these UK/Wisc. refs should be allowed back

We disagree on the Dekker "flop." He got plowed. That's an offensive foul 100% of the time.
If you are playing actual defense, trying to man a guy up, you would never fall like that.

One of the main points of the rule change several years ago was that it doesn't matter whether or not it was intentional, it's still a flagrant. Hence the F-1 and F-2 designations.
"When, upon review, it is discovered by indisputable evidence that there was no contact at all or that the contact was incidental, the foul call can be changed to no foul"

One of the main points of the rule change several years ago was that it doesn't matter whether or not it was intentional, it's still a flagrant. Hence the F-1 and F-2 designations.

They tweaked the rule again before this year. Last year (and the few years before that) whether there was intent or not, it was a flagrant.

Now, I believe they have brought "not a basketball play" and "excessive" into it. Either way, he deserved a glagrant.

Michael Stephens, Joe DeRosa and Pat Driscoll are the referees tonight.

Stephens sucks as he does a lot of ACC games and did BE games as well.
DeRosa was basically fired from the NBA because he threw a ball at a fan during the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals in Orlando and has a huge ego.
Pat Driscoll wasn't a good ref from our BE days. He did a lot of BE games I don't remember him doing ACC games this year, but he isn't a good ref either.

Its good to know for the NC game we have terrible refs with huge egos drawing the assignment.

Alsacs said:

DeRosa was basically fired from the NBA because he threw a ball at a fan during the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals in Orlando and has a huge ego.
Pat Driscoll wasn't a good ref from our BE days. He did a lot of BE games I don't remember him doing ACC games this year, but he isn't a good ref either.

Its good to know for the NC game we have terrible refs with huge egos drawing the assignment.

Michael stephens is the worst. It's all about him tonight.

Who are your favorite refs?

Mine are the ones I've never heard of.

That non-call on the Lyles slap to the face is outrageous. There's been some other dicey stuff, but on the slap, they had the benefit of repeated replay. Awful.

And the second "charge" called as a "block" was ridiculous.

My complaint about that play is not so much whether it was a foul, or whether it was F-1 or F-2, but that it was handled differently from the way similar plays were handled all year. I remember, I think, seeing Cooney get tagged with an F-1 for less, and it was after the refs went to the monitor to look at it. Maybe that was last year, I don't know, but the point remains the same. And that's precisely the kind of thing that makes people say "The fix is in!"

I was dismayed by the offensive foul called on Gasser that cancelled a Koenig three.. The defender was clearly falling away before any contact. The ref that called that one struggled down the stretch. Also the blocking foul call on Kaminsky with about 4:00 to go was pretty weak.

"Kicked calls" didn't just suddenly start happening, as we all know (Brandon Triche says "Hi!" :)). And they happen in every sport. My point is that they do happen, and I've always said if you don't want to get beaten by a bad call, play better sooner. In Wisconsin's case, they made 3 consecutive stops shortly after Koenig's basket was taken away, and that was where the game turned. If I was Bo Ryan, I'd be so proud of that minute and a half.

I'm stilled angry over the charge called on CJ when he jumped over the Duke defenders head!

Who are your favorite refs?

Mine are the ones I've never heard of.
I agree and the fact is I knew these 3 officials which means they aren't good at staying out of the mind of the viewer.

I agree and the fact is I knew these 3 officials which means they aren't good at staying out of the mind of the viewer.

Well they all pretty much sucked last night. Let a lot go in the 1st half and then went whistle-happy. Blew calls on both sides (3rd foul on Okafor was horrible, missed the replay of the out of bounds off Winslow) and started calling everything. Glad Ryan called them out for allowing too much contact out there. College hoops needs to clean it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom