not sure whats on cj's mind | Syracusefan.com

not sure whats on cj's mind

orangehomer

All American
one more year only helps his draft stock, doesn't hurt it. a chance to be the big man on campus at a high major bball program. did anyone show him the schedule? duke and unc at home? if he goes in the draft will most likely be 2nd round and will probably spend time in the dev league. staying seems like a no-brainer to me.

Sadly - likely NCAA sanctions are probably what's got him considering this so hard.

one more year only helps his draft stock, doesn't hurt it. a chance to be the big man on campus at a high major bball program. did anyone show him the schedule? duke and unc at home? if he goes in the draft will most likely be 2nd round and will probably spend time in the dev league. staying seems like a no-brainer to me.
Also, a lot of kids couldn't care less about this. When you're in school you want to play UNC and Duke, but you're not going to stay at school just for that. As far as the BMOC goes, it's a nice perk, but it's unlikely that's a major factor either (let's not pretend like every basketball player isn't the BMOC anyway).

If he comes back, it's for 2 reasons:
1) Improve draft stock
2) Win a national title

The ACC, Duke, All-American, etc doesn't matter. Fans care about this stuff way more than the players do.

It didn't help John Wallace to stay. He did get to experience 1996 of course, but lost out from a draft perspective.

Can we stop with the sanctions stuff? There is no reason to believe anything is happening.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can we stop with the sanctions stuff? There is no reason to believe anything is happening.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Mike Waters thinks something will and he knows more about it than most of us.

CJ is also losing his best friend MCW and Triche and Southerland are also leaving. The makeup of the team is going to be intirely different. He has a lot to think about.

If his game doesn't improve he will be a year older in a tougher draft and may go undrafted. Not to mention injury...

nothing is going to come of that.
I hope you're right Dasher, but I'm hearing lost games, missed tournament, and sanctions as well as probation and we want it to start next year so we're off the tournament ban for McCullough.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Are people talking directly to the NCAA here? I read and listen to as much SU news as anyone, and I have yet to hear anything from anyone legitimate that says we are going to face sanctions and forfeit games.

I hope you're right Dasher, but I'm hearing lost games, missed tournament, and sanctions as well as probation and we want it to start next year so we're off the tournament ban for McCullough.

Where you hearing that?

I heard y2k is gping to shut down the digital age.

I heard if we invade Saddam will kill 1 million American soldiers.

I heard we were doron lambs dream school.

I heard that tee secretly hates everyone and the world.

Not everything we hear is true.

I just keep this in mind when thinking about the ongoing investigation.

God give me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change. The courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference.

Version 2 of this is what should be on CJ's mind, with him at the bottom after dropping 25 points and nailing the game-winning basket:

11109172-large.jpg

I've been hearing all of those same things--for months.

Which means that it is unsubstantiated rumors that self-perpetuate.

Something may [emphasis on "MAY"] come out of this investigation, but things like that have certainly not been decided upon yet.

Wow! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom