Not talked about yet, but related to Arnett leaving | Syracusefan.com

Not talked about yet, but related to Arnett leaving

I would assume they are going to find a 3-3-5 guy
No inside information but Dino believes that's the way to go for us based off this hire

It hurts but I am not sure how many guys we were going to sign in February. We do not know how many guys were going to make ov. I could see HCDB waiting until after spring ball and hit the portal. I figure there will be other players hitting the portal after spring ball plays out at other schools.

I still think HCDB wants to implement the 3-3-5 but he will not do it unless can hire someone that really knows the D. If not he will hire the best DC he can get that is available regardless of scheme.

This puts a major crimp into our recruiting. We have recruits coming this weekend and have slots to fill w/ only about 2 weeks and we don't know what type of Defense we'll be playing next year. The timing is a killer.

Or maybe we will have a DC by then. Stranger things have happened.

surprised there is not some web-site that actually lists what D all the teams play as their baseline that people are linking too..

two schools of thought here.. get a 3-3-5 guy here or get the best we can get that is willing to change to 3-3-5.
nothing saying some pretty good 3-4 or 4-3 guys out there who dont switch just because they dont have too.

how much of the D is play calling vs the D set you are in? if you are pretty aggressive D coord you are half way there with this style.

How about a position coach at Iowa State who’s successfully implemented the d? Maybe there’s a guy on their staff who would fit the bill and can recruit some.