Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless

From your keyboard to Gods ears!
I can't believe what I saw last night. As far as I am concerned I feel that Syracuse just looked at our list of new players coming in and assumed that they were going to lose their starter roles for next year and gave up. It will be interesting to see how many transfer after that fiasco. There is no way we were that bad. The coaching also was terrible.

Much better for them to wallow in a sense of bitterness and dwell on the futility of their life choices, I suppose.

At the end of the day….

We’re all just made of water.

What was illegal about that? It's in from the side, not the back. He does it with the shoulder.
The flag was not for a blind side hit or block in the back. The official call was listed as unnecessary roughness.

The call on Simmons is always going to get made because it looks cheap. Behind the play blow up of guys gets flagged.

The call I didn't see was the grounding after Davis arm got hit. How do you tell its grounding when his motion was so restricted. The flag after the PF on their guy was also weak but stripes missed a tackle in pass pro from LQA so it was a wash.

It was a hard hit in a football game.
That's a different debate. You asked: "What was illegal about that? It's in from the side, not the back. He does it with the shoulder." That had nothing to do with the call that was officially made.

Which I still think was a bad call given the distance to the end zone.
I hear you, the appropriateness of the unnecessary roughness is open for debate. On the other hand, Simons still blew the guy up when he didn't have to - doesn't matter if it was the QB who is now considered a "defender."

Dumb play to put yourself in that position. It was yet another example of a lack of discipline.

I remember Dino this season once mentioned they changed the rules so he couldn’t go OITNFast anymore like they used to. (To be fair I think he also said they didn’t have the personnel )

But USF sure went fast and I didn’t see any rule slowing them down.

So does anyone know what rule changes he was talking about???

I remember Dino this season once mentioned they changed the rules so he couldn’t go OITNFast anymore like they used to. (To be fair I think he also said they didn’t have the personnel )

The rule has to do with allowing teams to run substitutes onto the field. If the offense subs, the defense is allowed the time to also run subs in - that's why the ref stands there to prevent the snap. Defenses caught on and delayed running their subs out right away and the refs would have to wait. Pretty much the only way to go "fast" is for the offense not to sub.

The rule has to do with allowing teams to run substitutes onto the field. If the offense subs, the defense is allowed the time to also run subs in - that's why the ref stands there to prevent the snap. Defenses caught on and delayed running their subs out right away and the refs would have to wait. Pretty much the only way to go "fast" is for the offense not to sub.
ok this makes sense - thanks for clarifying

Reactions: 007
Exactly. I mean a lot of these kids have been told they’re not wanted anymore. And their replacements are on the way… some were on the sideline. I mean could you imagine if your boss told you you’re being replaced but you had to do one final presentation wh I’m evyour replacement was in the room?

I don’t blame some of these kids for checking out.

It’s a big part of why I think the way college football is structured is unbelievably stupid, and sets itself up for bowl performances like this where one team clearly doesn’t care at all.

Guys who know they are headed out the door today playing one last game aren’t going to be very resilient. I imagine if I was in that situation, I’d go in with the best of intentions - then after the FG block I’d say “ this” and mail it in from that point. That’s basically what we saw. I have a hard time holding it against them when I’d have done the same thing.

Basically Dino couldn’t figure out how to pick spots to go with no subs to speed up the pace. Might not be able to do for every single play - but he couldn’t figure out how to work within the new rules and essentially gave up completely.

What was illegal about that? It's in from the side, not the back. He does it with the shoulder.
Nothing. He didn't need to make that block, but there was nothing illegal about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom