Notable things | Syracusefan.com

Notable things

Shaggy

Scout Team
In not an expert but played and coached. From my less than expert eye here are a few things.

1. I know the first offensive play of the game was schemed and practiced during the week, but it was perfect. Could have been a touchdown. Many pass plays and runs were blocked great and the receivers attack and block well.

2. Punt defense. I saw some incredible things that we have not done in past years. 1 gunner was designated the job of hemming the deep kick on a punt and the other two defender's that were supposed to be at the ball were. I have never seen this under HCSS and it makes me happy we are fixing little things.
3. Wake was not ready for the zone read. Dungy had one bad read but the rest were great. The reason our run game was a bit hampered today was due to the wake ends dump crashing the C gap on many plays. Other teams will now adjust to protect the option and our middle run game will open up.
4. Many of our defensive shifts, stunts and blitzes are unsound but our push has made the risk worth it this far.
5. The Lester offense is one that can do very well in the P5. We do need receivers to get open, but finally they are in a solid route scheme and we didn't have that last year. The run game is simple but has wrinkles and we will see them and like them. I see some things they are doing with motions, should be fun to watch.
5. HCSS seems to be genuine, big hearted and real. Kids want that and want to Please him. Good things ahead if we keep him.

you use what you have but a qb that was bit quicker probably scores 2-3 tds today. dungey made some nice plays but he is not a home run threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom