Notre Dame 15, North Carolina 14 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame 15, North Carolina 14

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
UNC lead by 2 with 1:30 left ... UNC called for a 2:00 unsportsmanlike penalty (unreleaseable)...

ND gets two quickies to tie the game up.

And the game winner w/:07 left. Of course.

3 goals in 67 seconds. Oh Lord

UNC lead by 2 with 1:30 left ... UNC called for a 2:00 unsportsmanlike penalty (unreleaseable)...

ND gets two quickies to tie the game up.

And the game winner w/:07 left. Of course.

3 goals in 67 seconds. Oh Lord

99 from Carolina cost the the game. Stupid, stupid penalty.

Yeah that penalty was absolutely the difference. UNC had it otherwise, really tough loss for them. Eager to face both these teams again

I would love to play both these teams next weekend.

So UNC it is hopefully in the orange jerseys we beat them and get our double revenge on UNC and ND. It sucks Maryland beat Ohio State today. I think 1 more UMD loss and we beat UNC and we should be the #2 seed.

So UNC it is hopefully in the orange jerseys we beat them and get our double revenge on UNC and ND. It sucks Maryland beat Ohio State today. I think 1 more UMD loss and we beat UNC and we should be the #2 seed.

I think SU is clearly ahead of Maryland at this point. UMd has a win over UNC which is great, but the rest of their schedule is very mediocre. There's not nearly as many opportunities for signature wins in the B1G as in the ACC, especially with a very down JHU. Let's just say there's a reason 10-4 Duke is ahead of them in the RPI

Just beat UNC and we are guaranteed a top 3 seed.

Ref blew that. There should have been a penalty called, but a two minute unreleasable was ridiculous.

Apparently, home cooking at Notre Dame isn't just reserved for the football team. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do note that ND received favorable calls late in their games against SU and UNC that tilted the advantage in their favor.

Having said that, they are very good and will likely be there on Memorial Day weekend.

Ref blew that. There should have been a penalty called, but a two minute unreleasable was ridiculous.

I don't know. Watched it at a bar, but it was clearly both late and from behind, and launched him into the pipe. Not sure what the rule specifically says, but from my frame of reference I had no problem with the 2 minute unreleasable.

Not that there is much in the way of separation between SU, ND and NC, but I'd take our guys on a neutral field.

I don't know. Watched it at a bar, but it was clearly both late and from behind, and launched him into the pipe. Not sure what the rule specifically says, but from my frame of reference I had no problem with the 2 minute unreleasable.

Agreed. Hit was way late.

This ain't 1985 anymore where you can level a guy after he shoots.

Refs don't allow it.

Agreed. Hit was way late.

This ain't 1985 anymore where you can level a guy after he shoots.

Refs don't allow it.
Yep - commentator made a good point earlier in the game about not allowing high and/or late hits. Said that if the refs let those go and concussions started to become prevalent in lax, it could easily stall the growth of the sport. A bit of hyperbole for sure, but a very good point nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom