Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

He keeps saying that we're beat up. He's not wrong.

No Hiltz
No Quinn
No Rosa
Dami not 100%

Even not having Cook hurts. A little.
Understand about the injuries but I don’t think it inspires confidence in the backups who are the next man up.

Understand about the injuries but I don’t think it inspires confidence in the backups who are the next man up.

The next men up are getting their opportunities, and they haven't been producing.

Magnan and Buttermore scored today, but the 2nd mids have been invisible recently.

The next men up are getting their opportunities, and they haven't been producing.

Magnan and Buttermore scored today, but the 2nd mids have been invisible recently.
Yeah, I see that too.

My opinion was that coach doesn’t inspire confidence in those next men up by continually pointing out they’re not as talented.

Not saying he’s causing their underperformance, just that it doesn’t sound good in a postgame presser.

"Not a great effort" seems like an accurate statement. As to Coach Gait's demeanor, I suspect that he's the "good cop" on the staff and Petro is the "bad cop. If Petro were the head man, these news conferences would be quite a bit different.

Actually the game was rather like our ACCT basketball wins over UNC two years ago and Florida State this year. We got off to great starts and just kept playing that way and the other team played shell-shocked and never got into it.

Someone explain this blue sleeveless jersey choice today. Was there a wardrobe issue? They are old jerseys. They aren’t even a blue version of our current uni. I’m thinking something forced them into needing those, which would explain Thompson wearing #2. What would he have done had Cook been a go?

Someone explain this blue sleeveless jersey choice today. Was there a wardrobe issue? They are old jerseys. They aren’t even a blue version of our current uni. I’m thinking something forced them into needing those, which would explain Thompson wearing #2. What would he have done had Cook been a go?

Players choice.

If Cook needed #2, there are plenty of other jerseys available from guys who are injured or being redshirted.

Players choice.

If Cook needed #2, there are plenty of other jerseys available from guys who are injured or being redshirted.
Yet apparently not a 1. Still tells me they used old jerseys.

Yet apparently not a 1. Still tells me they used old jerseys.

These were the old blue vests that were supposed to be retired. According to Kyle on the radio, the players wanted to wear these one more time, and the #1 vest had been donated to a charity auction.

And no, I didn't buy it.

He’s frequently said “do the best we can with what we’ve got” in reference to the talent level

As true as that might be I cringe when I hear it.

“We do the best we can with what we’ve got” is a phrase no head coach should ever utter.

There are 28 kids on the roster who were 4/5 star recruits - I get that some won't transition to the college game, but there is enough talent on the roster right now where something like Saturday should never happen.

“We do the best we can with what we’ve got” is a phrase no head coach should ever utter.

There are 28 kids on the roster who were 4/5 star recruits - I get that some won't transition to the college game, but there is enough talent on the roster right now where something like Saturday should never happen.

100% a cop out and terrible thing for the coach to say. FAR TOO MUCH talent on this team to not blame coaching. I am still a firm believer the school should have a done a bigger more public search. I can't see Chamotti, Deluca, or Cassese getting blown out like this with the talent on the current roster.

You said it better than I did.

100% a cop out and terrible thing for the coach to say. FAR TOO MUCH talent on this team to not blame coaching. I am still a firm believer the school should have a done a bigger more public search. I can't see Chamotti, Deluca, or Cassese getting blown out like this with the talent on the current roster.
How do you feel about Lars Tiffany? UVA lost a game this season 23-12 to Maryland. Deluca and Delaware lost 18-8 to Michigan. What have Chamotti or Cassese won? The coaches didn't turn the ball over and take bad outside shots early in the shot clock. The players did. This isn't an overnight fix.

How do you feel about Lars Tiffany? UVA lost a game this season 23-12 to Maryland. Deluca and Delaware lost 18-8 to Michigan. What have Chamotti or Cassese won? The coaches didn't turn the ball over and take bad outside shots early in the shot clock. The players did. This isn't an overnight fix.
Great take! All teams/coaches have been on the wrong side of these types of games. This won't be a regular occurrence in Gait's tenure.

We know that this the next 2 recruiting classes are loaded on paper, but I really hope they can bring in another FOGO, 1-2 experienced midfielders and a goalie through the portal.

He has back to back NC's to back up this poor performance. I'd say most UVA fans are living ok with it.

Deluca lost to Michigan but with MUCH LESS talent. (and by most accounts we lost by at least that much to UM during our scrimmage)

People reference Tiffanys first year at UVA being a learning curve too, but they performed far better in 2017 than we are right now. That ship was moving in the right direction almost overnight.

He has back to back NC's to back up this poor performance. I'd say most UVA fans are living ok with it.

Deluca lost to Michigan but with MUCH LESS talent. (and by most accounts we lost by at least that much to UM during our scrimmage)

People reference Tiffanys first year at UVA being a learning curve too, but they performed far better in 2017 than we are right now. That ship was moving in the right direction almost overnight.
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. But at least to me it sounds like you want a new coach already lol.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. But at least to me it sounds like you want a new coach already lol.
I'd like a new offensive coordinator.

I'd like a new AD

I'd like Gait to not publicly blame a lack of talent as his excuse.

Not necessarily on the fire Gait train (yet lol)

Things should get better in the coming years, but I do feel Cuse has a way of making things incredibly difficult with its decision making processes.

Crazy how much can change in a week. After Duke a poster wanted Petro to get “head coach level money”. After Notre Dame another wanted him to resign. Think we all need to relax and wait for the end of the season before making any more demands.

Crazy how much can change in a week. After Duke a poster wanted Petro to get “head coach level money”. After Notre Dame another wanted him to resign. Think we all need to relax and wait for the end of the season before making any more demands.

I demand we find at least 4 more wins.

5 would be better.

Just to be fair I’m the poster who wanted him to resign I also have been consistently against his hire from day 1

Let me see if I understand the impatience with this season's rendition of our team under Coach Gait and the outcry for regime change. Last season one could argue we had considerable firepower of Hiltz, Reufuss, Trimboli, Curry, Dordy, Scanlan, Seebold, Quinn, etc and that team experienced the following lopsided losses:
Army 18 - 11
ND 18 - 11
NC 21 - 9
ND 22 - 8
GT 18 - 8

So, why do we expect a dramatic turnaround from last season? Maybe we need to give the coaches some time to get their system and associated players in place. Yes, after 2 more seasons we don't see improvement then yes, we can ...

I'd like a new offensive coordinator.

I'd like a new AD

I'd like Gait to not publicly blame a lack of talent as his excuse.

Not necessarily on the fire Gait train (yet lol)

Things should get better in the coming years, but I do feel Cuse has a way of making things incredibly difficult with its decision making processes.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe George Steinbrenner is back from the grave!
Fire everybody! The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Not sure where to ask this question but did I hear correctly there was a plane issue and they didn’t get in to South Bend until after midnight? If true, I wonder what time it was when they got to their hotel rooms and were able to get to sleep.

Last edited:
Not sure where to ask this question but did I hear correctly their was a plane issue and they didn’t get in to South Bend until after midnight? If true, I wonder what time it was when they got to their hotel rooms and were able to get to sleep.
Hearsay is several trips back n forth over course of long day due to assortment of weather delays, couple of deboardings due to mechanical issues and then hrs at night waiting for another plane stuck in another state . ND arrival 1- 2 am. Sounds more draining mentally than physical , may have factored some but not the reason Cuse lost so badly. Credit ND sharp play .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom