NOW HEAR THIS LOUD & CLEAR!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

NOW HEAR THIS LOUD & CLEAR!!!!!

OGBJ20

Starter
The way I see it: If your not on the "Orange Nation Train", then your lying on the tracks!!! Don't get run over!!! LGSUball!!!!!
Mr and Mrs. OG.jpg

Last edited:
the difference between 2012 and 2014 is the difference between the two stars of the teams (no offense to Kris Joseph and CJ Fair)

I couldn't get on the 2012 "all in" bandwagon" because I distrusted Dion Waiters. He burned too hot and I just never believed in him.

This is entirely different. Ennis doesn't put up anything like the numbers that Waiters did, but he does not burn hot at all and I have complete confidence in his ability to make winning plays at crucial moments.

the difference between 2012 and 2014 is the difference between the two stars of the teams (no offense to Kris Joseph and CJ Fair)

I couldn't get on the 2012 "all in" bandwagon" because I distrusted Dion Waiters. He burned too hot and I just never believed in him.

This is entirely different. Ennis doesn't put up anything like the numbers that Waiters did, but he does not burn hot at all and I have complete confidence in his ability to make winning plays at crucial moments.
If Fab hadn't failed we would have been in the finals against Kentucky.

I always felt like KJ and Fair were cut from the same mold, only that Fair would eventually prove to be superior in every facet of the game to KJ [who was still pretty good]. I think that's basically turned out to be the truth, with the possible exception of ball handling, although CJ has come a long way and KJ was probably overrated in that department.

I enjoyed seeing the frosh rushing to the court and meet Tyler. BJ and Ron had great reactions. I didn't see roberson, not to say he didn't celebrate.

I have to think Ron and BJ get there are really talented, older guys in front. I just hope Roberson talks to CJ, Grant, etc, about waiting your turn. That would be a great question for Donna or Mike...

The past 5 years have been golden years and with our young patient, talented kids' learning how and what it takes to get it done, it sure doesn't seem the end is anywhere close. 314 days without a loss, amazing. Just reload!

Last edited:
I always felt like KJ and Fair were cut from the same mold, only that Fair would eventually prove to be superior in every facet of the game to KJ [who was still pretty good]. I think that's basically turned out to be the truth, with the possible exception of ball handling, although CJ has come a long way and KJ was probably overrated in that department.
CJ has the killer instinct that KJ lost after his injury. CJ is a true leader by example.

Cj and kris have a similar demeanor. Kris got a bad rap his sr year but that team had like 8 guys average over 6pts a game. Will never forget the 29 points he put up at the dome against Georgetown. A very underrated great performance by a senior at the dome. I just think CJ is a bit tougher than Kris.

So FABULOUS to have you on our board! Your enthusiasm and your love of this team, even though BJ isn't playing, makes me feel that when it's BJ's time to shine, he will shine in a blaze of glory!

GO SU!

How many of you long time posters...dreaded opening the post and afraid Iluvmygrands just showed up? :rolling:

Assume she's on the Pitt Board.

At one point I saw CJ and KJ as the same player, CJ the newer edition. But CJ is tough. REAL tough. KJ was tough too in a different sort of way. I used to be scared some day he would break his back. He had some terrible beatings venturing into the middle. Seems like every fast break he had would end up with him wadded against the stantion. I think by the end of his senior year the punishment was taking its toll psychologically as well as physically. Just IMO.

At one point I saw CJ and KJ as the same player, CJ the newer edition. But CJ is tough. REAL tough. KJ was tough too in a different sort of way. I used to be scared some day he would break his back. He had some terrible beatings venturing into the middle. Seems like every fast break he had would end up with him wadded against the stantion. I think by the end of his senior year the punishment was taking its toll psychologically as well as physically. Just IMO.

In all fairness to KJ, after that tough fall on his head he was never the same player .. I loved his game big time.

We have a lot of leaders on this team. Keita, Fair, Ennis ... those are just the most prominent ones. Waiters and KJ are gifted players, truly awesome, but I didn't see them leading a team.

The 2003 team was a little like this one with Duany leading the way IMHO as setting the tone each game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom