Now that they lost, how far does Murray St fall in the rankings? | Syracusefan.com

Now that they lost, how far does Murray St fall in the rankings?

somewhere between 20-25

better question: if they lose to austin peay are they on the bubble?

They should drop out. But they'll probably stay 15-20.
^^^This^^^

...Murray State has basically one player who can kill you from the 3. The top teams have enuf players to make him less effective. I'm predicting they lose in the second round as long as they aren't playing Louisville. :cool:

^^^This^^^

...Murray State has basically one player who can kill you from the 3. The top teams have enuf players to make him less effective. I'm predicting they lose in the second round as long as they aren't playing Louisville. :cool:
I think you are giving them too much credit, I fully expect a first round loss

let's see how they do against St Mary's

better question: if they lose to austin peay are they on the bubble?
If they lose to Austin Peay they need to win their conference tournament or they're out. Their best wins are Memphis and Southern Miss. That might get you a bid to the C-USA tournament but not the NCAA.

I would guess they drop 6-7 places after losing to Tennesee State (?!) ... Then after losing to St.Mary's they drop into the high 20's before NCAA time

If they lose to Austin Peay they need to win their conference tournament or they're out. Their best wins are Memphis and Southern Miss. That might get you a bid to the C-USA tournament but not the NCAA.
yea I mean before the loss they were already at 38 in the RPI and SOS 272

Before the loss they were at 45 in Sagarin. They've been beating OVC teams by < 10 pts whereas Kentucky, us, tOSU and others would be winning by 20+. They just kept moving up in the polls because voters can't see the big picture and just keep moving teams up when other teams lose, as if Baylor losing to Kansas makes Murray State better. Voters vote relative to the previous poll using recent results to adjust, rather than reevaluating from scratch every week (because the latter is impossible).

just like in football, only bcs teams should be ranked.

drop em out.

Oh Lord

If this team is one loss away from the Bubble, then they shouldn't be in the Top 25.

They should drop out, and they shouldn't make the tournament if they don't win their conference tourney. If they win their conference they shouldn't be higher than a 9 seed.

Has anyone actually seen Murray State play?
This is a solid, well-coached team with a future NBA player in Isaiah Canaan.
Not a Butler (of the past couple years)...but a solid top 25 team.

Has anyone actually seen Murray State play?
This is a solid, well-coached team with a future NBA player in Isaiah Canaan.
Not a Butler (of the past couple years)...but a solid top 25 team.
:rolling:

just like in football, only bcs teams should be ranked.

drop em out.

Oh Lord

Huh? A non-BCS team played for the national title 3 out the past 4 years (Memphis, Butler twice), and VCU went to the Final Four last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom