Class of 2018 - NSD Part Two | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 NSD Part Two

Have you ever been to Arkansas? I lived there for a few years. I'm not so sure he will pick the Hogs.

The closest I've been to Arkansas was Nashville and they was way to close lol.
I really hope he does pick us and I'm really wrong.

Looks like a pretty weak finish. Hopefully we pick up some kids post signing.

Disappointed with the empty net at d-line this cycle. You look back on how it went bad and it reads like that rhyme about Henry VIII's wives:

wouldn't visit
didn't qualify
lied
wouldn't flip
committed elsewhere
died

The closest I've been to Arkansas was Nashville and they was way to close lol.
I really hope he does pick us and I'm really wrong.

Arkansas is beautiful country wouldn't want to live there, for the few horseracing fans out there Oaklawn Park is as great a track environment that there is out there. I would put it up there with Keeneland and Saratoga

This is a good class but not bringing in one DT is definitely bad. Next year we are going to need 2 game ready kids really wanted a couple frosh we could have RS this year.

This is a good class but not bringing in one DT is definitely bad. Next year we are going to need 2 game ready kids really wanted a couple frosh we could have RS this year.

Seems like most difficult position to recruit for sure, did we overshot here? Sure seems like it

Seems like most difficult position to recruit for sure, did we overshot here? Sure seems like it
The only thing that concerns me about our recruiting efforts, is there always seems to be one position group that we are chasing. What I mean by that is we are behind on numbers for depth.

And it's not even that big of a concern, because the staff has shown the ability to plug holes very well.

In my personal opinion, I believe it's because the staff, at the very least, does not like to reach.

We saw it last year with a RB's.

Dino has stated that ideally you want to field a complete unit with each recruiting class. We haven't really been able to do that yet.

I think you can expect to see a significant emphasis on the interior D line next cycle.

Last edited:
Arkansas is beautiful country wouldn't want to live there, for the few horseracing fans out there Oaklawn Park is as great a track environment that there is out there. I would put it up there with Keeneland and Saratoga
It's definitely a beautiful area of the country. I just remember a lot of driving to get anywhere and the heat and humidity...but you need that type of weather to grow rice.

Maybe we need to wait and see how things end up. Even if we don't take one on NSD there is still time to pick up a grad transfer or JUCO.

The only thing that concerns me about our recruiting efforts, is there always seems to be one position group that we are chasing. What I mean by that is we are behind on numbers for depth.

And it's not even that big of a concern, because the staff has shown the ability to plug holes very well.

In my personal opinion, I believe it's because the staff, at the very least, does not like to reach.

Dino has stated that ideally you want to field a complete unit with each recruiting class. We haven't really been able to do that yet.

I think you can expect to see a significant emphasis on the interior D line next cycle.

Agree 100%, figuring if they get a kid they love great but not ready to reach quite yet

It's definitely a beautiful area of the country. I just remember a lot of driving to get anywhere and the heat and humidity...but you need that type of weather to grow rice.

Yeah I am sure the University is a nice spot to got to school and probably shows a bit better than Syracuse in late January.. :)

I am also sure that they put a bit more emphasis on football than Syracuse as well, their visits probably make a bigger impression on a 17 year old kid. Don't blame the kid by any means

In reality getting a 2 or 3-year to play JUCO/post-grad would be huge. Allows the staff to get 3-4DT's in 2019 and give them room to breath before they get significant playing time.

Let's hope Harper is the real deal when his time comes.

There's some serious poverty in Arkansas, and it's a dry state, or at least it has a lot of dry counties. When I was down there visiting WalMart on business, I had to drive to Missouri to get a six pack of beer for my hotel room. One guy said to me, "This is the buckle of the Bible Belt."

Even after NSD, we're not done hunting or DL - especially on the interior. Not going to be surprised if we add a couple of GTDT.

Let's hope so!

There's some serious poverty in Arkansas, and it's a dry state, or at least it has a lot of dry counties. When I was down there visiting WalMart on business, I had to drive to Missouri to get a six pack of beer for my hotel room. One guy said to me, "This is the buckle of the Bible Belt."
There's some serious poverty in every state of this country.

Realy feel like we needed a good DT in this class but I like his logic on not reaching for players. If you can't get a player this class that you feel real good about, wait until the next class. Its got to be a lot easier to get more talented prospects the following year when you can say how bad they are needed and show them a nice path to playing time. Also kids seem a lot less concerned about beating out a player in their same class than someone ahead of them. You may get some gaps in classes but if the talent is better so be it. Adding the grad transfer or Juco definitely helps in those cases to fill in until they freshman come in and develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom