Number 4 | Syracusefan.com

Number 4

Fjoinkay

Starter
was special. This BC team reminds me of SU last season because they have a great defense, but injuries at QB and other positions on offense left them in a hole and they ended the season at 3-9. Credit SU for scoring 20 points against this BC defense which is more points that FSU scored, more than Louisville and Duke and more points than ND scored just last week. It was nice to see the Orange defense get off the field yesterday. BC was 1 for 12 on 3rd down. In the end it's really no surprise that SU worked hard and played hard every snap. Yesterday Urban Meyer called his OSU team the the greatest group of kids he's ever been around. From my point of view outside the program and as an alum I would say the same thing about these SU kids each of these past three seasons under Shafe. They always played hard and they never made excuses no matter how banged up they were. Even failing to make a bowl these past two seasons this young football family with their rising GPA and solid community outreach truly inspire. They inspired me. Thank you Schafe and all of the staff. I wish you all the best. I know you all will thrive in your future endeavors.

Oklahoma looks pretty solid without the conference championship. The Big12 is a little stronger this year mostly because of Oklahoma being better. I think everyone knows that Baylor's slide is due mostly to injuries at the QB position. Will Florida's offense score points against Bama? The ACC conference championship could be a good one. I'm pulling for the Tigers. Iowa has a chance to do something really special and almost unbelievable. After those top 5 it's anybody's guess. Ohio State and Stanford are probably next in line. Stanford has two losses, but they have a conference championship game against USC and they just beat #6 ND. OSU has no conference championship game, but yesterday they played by far their best game of the season. North Carolina and Florida State will move up in the polls this week, but Florida State has no conference championship game. UNC has a shot if they can knock off Clemson, but it's an outside shot and they probably have to hope that Bama loses which is a long shot. Otherwise, if UNC beats Clemson the likely scenario is that Bama and Oklahoma are in, the winner of the B1G championship is in, and it comes down to either Ohio State, Stanford or UNC to fill that final spot. That would be fun, but I say go Tigers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom