Nunes Magician: Hybrid SU/BC uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nunes Magician: Hybrid SU/BC uniforms

Winning isn't completely controllable. You put your best on the field against the other team and see who has more points in the end. Uniforms are completely controllable and it's nice to have good looking ones when the rest of the country sees us winning, instead of the grey sweatpants we had last week that showed off those glorious sweat spots that grew as the game went on.

You complain about every uniform thread that pops up. You could just refrain from clicking on them.

I thought the grey looked awesome.

I think winning in those unis makes them more likable.

I've fought the good fight in uni threads for two years. It's a dead horse topic. I feel like I've earned the right to complain.

Most people here when they see our uniforms, even though it's such an insignificant thing to care about:
crying jordan.jpg

I've fought the good fight in uni threads for two years. It's a dead horse topic. I feel like I've earned the right to complain.
Ah, the home grays. There's nothing better than dressing like visitors in your own stadium. :noidea:

My first thought was Liverpool's unis. Not a bad look, but maybe more high school than college IMO. I guess I've just gotten used to SU's at this point. Just border the numbers and burn the grey unis and I'll be happy. Oh, and win. Definitely win.

Funny thing is the people that don't like the unis don't think yours is the good fight and also feel like they have the right to complain.

If you like more obvious than normal sweat spots and colors that look like you should be lounging around the house, the greys were awesome.

I've seen other teams wear platinum that looked good. I don't know if it was their accent colors versus our dark blue on grey or the dome lighting, but ours look sloppy. My wife, who couldn't care less, has said the same thing with no prompting from me.

Funny thing is the people that don't like the unis don't think yours is the good fight and also feel like they have the right to complain.

If you like more obvious than normal sweat spots and colors that look like you should be lounging around the house, the greys were awesome.

I've seen other teams wear platinum that looked good. I don't know if it was their accent colors versus our dark blue on grey or the dome lighting, but ours look sloppy. My wife, who couldn't care less, has said the same thing with no prompting from me.

I don't like the unis on the whole. I like certain things (chrome helmets for ex). I don't like the numbers and I'm not sold on the 44 degree lines.

If this post didn't exist, I wouldn't be starting one to say anything. I was standing up for my right to complain about another uni thread where people complain. So it's not "my opinion vs your opinion" but more of a "I'm protesting the idea that we need another one of these threads"...

I haven't read a single new thought in one of these for at least a year.

Also my wife is awesome (not an opinion, fact) and she liked them. So ;)

haha...my wife's first comment when we got to our seats Saturday..."I love these uniforms." I laughed thinking about the million posts of people hating them.

FWIW I like the platinum uni's but otherwise I could care less...just win baby!

It was the 100th anniversary of college football and all teams had a helmet decal that said "100"

Rutgers should wear an 1869 decal on their helmet in every game to remind everyone just how long they've been at this.

This year, it will also be their total yardage deficit.

(Some of you probably think I'm joking about that).

I think the reason there are so many uniform threads is that there are so many uniforms. When SU comes up with a new combination, people are going to comment on it and express their preferences. Other schools are dong the same thing. College football is a painting that has become a kaleidoscope. People are going to ave opinions on it just like they are going to have opinions on the play calling, who should start, is it time to fire the coach, what to do with the Dome, etc. But the uniform threads are the only ones where people get told to shut up.

I actually like the platinum unis, but I think it has more to do with the helmets being awesome, and the numbers being easily readable [compared to many of our other uniform combos, where that isn't the case].

I do have the same issues with them that you do, however. The gradient shading is just bizarre--needs to go. And I don't think that navy blue on gray is the best color combo, but I can live with it.

Those helmets make up for a lot, frankly. We could do worse than this look [and often do].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom