Nunesmagician.com Season Preview | Syracusefan.com

Nunesmagician.com Season Preview

Bnoro and I talked ourselves into 8-4 yesterday if they want us to write that article.

I would not be surprised with an 8-4 record at the end of the season. I think Syracuse pulls off a major upset of Clemson, FSU, ND or Louisville with Louisville and ND the most likely candidates. I don't see a win against any other team as an upset, though most writers who cannot think beyond the end of their nose may think otherwise. Too many factors moving in the right direction.

That said, 5-7 to me is the baseline, and I would not call the season a failure considering the SoS. I firmly believe we go bowling.

It's 6-6. Anything less means Syracuse has a run on injuries again and/or that we just don't have enough personnel in the secondary with everyone that is injured now

I'll gladly take 6-6. I don't really see much better unless we are drinking the kool-aid. We will make progress and at least score to make things interesting but will lose a bunch of 40-something to 30 or 20-something games. Secondary and DL is not deep or good enough yet, imo.

I love the optimism and my glasses are as orange as everyone else's' but we have to mentally prepare for a 2-10 season. I predict we beat Colgate and win one of two against Wake and BC. We may score 40 a game on offense but we may give up 50 a game on defense. When the head coach says it will be halfway through season two before we see results I believe him. I hope I'm wrong, but I've already already given Vegas my money saying otherwise. I know the haters will hate but stop and think realistically. Hopefully someone throws this back in my face in December.

VaSaltine said:
I love the optimism and my glasses are as orange as everyone else's' but we have to mentally prepare for a 2-10 season. I predict we beat Colgate and win one of two against Wake and BC. We may score 40 a game on offense but we may give up 50 a game on defense. When the head coach says it will be halfway through season two before we see results I believe him. I hope I'm wrong, but I've already already given Vegas my money saying otherwise. I know the haters will hate but stop and think realistically. Hopefully someone throws this back in my face in December.

Why on earth would we regress with the same talent and better coaching? Babers has been through 2 transitions and has not won fewer than 7. We won 4 last year with a bad O and D.

Vegas loves Babers. They just took your money.

Why on earth would we regress with the same talent and better coaching? Babers has been through 2 transitions and has not won fewer than 7. We won 4 last year with a bad O and D.

Vegas loves Babers. They just took your money.
I'm with you on this. You guys may not care about my opinion since I'm a Clemson fan, but I'm not buying the 2-10 bologna Saltine is serving up. I've seen Cuse play some tough teams very close with basically no offensive identity last year. Now you have Babers who has a fast paced offense that thrives off of execution. I think you're better pressed to finish 3rd in the division than finish last.

Consider it ear marked.

gobigorange said:
I'm with you on this. You guys may not care about my opinion since I'm a Clemson fan, but I'm not buying the 2-10 bologna Saltine is serving up. I've seen Cuse play some tough teams very close with basically no offensive identity last year. Now you have Babers who has a fast paced offense that thrives off of execution. I think you're better pressed to finish 3rd in the division than finish last.

I caught some sort of awful sinus thing and spent the day on the couch watching old games.

Game 1: Baylor vs #5 Oklahoma, RG3's last year.
Game 2: Syracuse vs #1 Clemson, 2015

I think we were severely outmatched vs you guys, all over the field. But it was a fight. Maybe not this year, but if we can retain that fight and mix it with better recruits and some of whatever magic was on the field in Waco (not off it)? Who knows.

I'm not sure about top 3. Louisville is going to be tough.

Anyways - good luck to you guys. It was fun rooting like hell for a win vs Bama.

I'll gladly take 6-6. I don't really see much better unless we are drinking the kool-aid. We will make progress and at least score to make things interesting but will lose a bunch of 40-something to 30 or 20-something games. Secondary and DL is not deep or good enough yet, imo.

Agreed. I want a Bowl game everything else is a bonus.

The good thing is that BC, Wake, and UConn aren't going to be teams that can score over 30 points. At minimum we'll win 4 games because those teams won't be able to outscore us.

I caught some sort of awful sinus thing and spent the day on the couch watching old games.

Game 1: Baylor vs #5 Oklahoma, RG3's last year.
Game 2: Syracuse vs #1 Clemson, 2015

I think we were severely outmatched vs you guys, all over the field. But it was a fight. Maybe not this year, but if we can retain that fight and mix it with better recruits and some of whatever magic was on the field in Waco (not off it)? Who knows.

I'm not sure about top 3. Louisville is going to be tough.

Anyways - good luck to you guys. It was fun rooting like hell for a win vs Bama.
Thanks. Good luck to you guys as well. I expect our game to be competitive like the last two years...probably with zero defense being played by either team.

gobigorange said:
Thanks. Good luck to you guys as well. I expect our game to be competitive like the last two years...probably with zero defense being played by either team.

I found it super-interesting to see Briles vs Venables. They played well on D, but RG3 had just enough magic to get the win.

It will be fun to see how he defends it this time around. I'd suspect the talent disparity will show up and we'll get beat down at Clemson. But it will be interesting.

Third times the charm Sean