NY Giants hire David Tyree as Director of Player Development | Syracusefan.com

NY Giants hire David Tyree as Director of Player Development

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...elopment/f76ff40b-aa4b-4bab-b7d3-13cb1e263d1c

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – David Tyree, who made one of the greatest catches in NFL history to help propel the Giants to victory in Super Bowl XLII, has returned to the organization as its new Director of Player Development.

Tyree, 34, replaces Charles Way, who earlier this month was named the head of the NFL’s Player Engagement Department. Way, a Giants fullback from 1995-99, had headed the team’s player development efforts since 2000.

I like seeing former Orangemen continue their careers beyond the NFL. It's great for Syracuse to have inroads throughout the NFL.

I like seeing former Orangemen continue their careers beyond the NFL. It's great for Syracuse to have inroads throughout the NFL.

Orangeman hired by an Orangeman. Perfect.

WOW, good for him.

This job is NO joke.

The Giants take it very seriously, I believe they invented it and its now copied league wide.

If you watched any Giants game over the last decade, there's no doubt you've seen Charles Way on the sideline. He was the 1st guy in a blue Giants polo hugging and high fiving someone after a great play or series...And the one with a hug and encouraging words after bad ones. He usually stood next to TC, the groundwork for trust never stops. It's a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week job, but an impressive one.

I'm sure the list of guys he beat out is a who's who of former Giants and NFLers.

Congrats for sure.

Not taken so well by some groups.

Why do so many former Orangemen do everything they can to make us look bad?

Once those tweets are picked up by the media Tyree could get reassigned especially after this Dungy-Sam thing. Tyree's tweets aren't smart in this uber PC society we have. I don't agree with Tyree but its not okay in society to have discourse and disagreement you either agree with something 100% or your a full blown hater.

Once those tweets are picked up by the media Tyree could get reassigned especially after this Dungy-Sam thing. Tyree's tweets aren't smart in this uber PC society we have. I don't agree with Tyree but its not okay in society to have discourse and disagreement you either agree with something 100% or your a full blown hater.

Tyree also thought that Armageddon or the apocalypse was coming to New York in 2011 when gay marriage passed. That along with his pronunciations that no one is born gay and that he'd give up "the catch" to stop gay marriage in NY leads me believe that he really does not like gay people.

Still, the HRC made its point and should now shut the and let David do his job.

If he's going to stick around in the NFL, he needs to keep his mouth shut. Right, wrong or indifferent... that's how it's going to be.

For the record, I have no stance on his views. As momma says, "if the rock is slippery, don't step on it dumby"...

If he's going to stick around in the NFL, he needs to keep his mouth shut. Right, wrong or indifferent... that's how it's going to be.

For the record, I have no stance on his views. As momma says, "if the rock is slippery, don't step on it dumby"...

In fairness to Tyree his comments were made in 2011. But yes I agree with you. As a general rule more people need to keep their mouths shut

Tyree also thought that Armageddon or the apocalypse was coming to New York in 2011 when gay marriage passed. That along with his pronunciations that no one is born gay and that he'd give up "the catch" to stop gay marriage in NY leads me believe that he really does not like gay people.

Still, the HRC made its point and should now shut the and let David do his job.
I 100% disagree with Tyree and his beliefs but the man has a right to think whatever he wants as long as he doesn't physically harm someone. We are becoming a society where its a joke to have an opinion. I don't have a problem with homosexuality as younger people don't care if Tyree wants to give his opinion then fine, but the double standard is obvious. John Amaechi can rip people who follow or believe in bible or some book from the Bronze Age as he put it but that is okay and the PC police won't care.

Would Tyree be a starter on the "All Homophobe Team?" Reggie White would have to be Dungy's first pick.

I might get killed for this, and my personal beliefs are not part of it. Gay marriage as a whole is an equal rights issue, which I firmly believe everybody should enjoy these rights regardless of race, sexual orientation, economic status, etc. That being said, one of the biggest components of equal rights is freedom of speech.

All this in mind, and maybe I'm making assumptions, does anybody find it somewhat hypocritical that gay rights activists are trying to condemn Tyree for his beliefs?

Am I off target on this one?

I might get killed for this, and my personal beliefs are not part of it. Gay marriage as a whole is an equal rights issue, which I firmly believe everybody should enjoy these rights regardless of race, s e xual orientation, economic status, etc. That being said, one of the biggest components of equal rights is freedom of speech.

All this in mind, and maybe I'm making assumptions, does anybody find it somewhat hypocritical that gay rights activists are trying to condemn Tyree for his beliefs?

Nope, you are spot on.

I might get killed for this, and my personal beliefs are not part of it. Gay marriage as a whole is an equal rights issue, which I firmly believe everybody should enjoy these rights regardless of race, s e xual orientation, economic status, etc. That being said, one of the biggest components of equal rights is freedom of speech.

Nope. Freedom of speech allows one to voice their opinions. But, that same freedom does not prevent those with opposite points of view from voicing theirs.