NYSPHSAA To Delay Fall Sports Start Date & Cancel Fall Championships | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NYSPHSAA To Delay Fall Sports Start Date & Cancel Fall Championships

That's just going to kill football this year. March and April football around here? I mean I love a good snow football game, but at best you will get sloppy fields. Mostly it's going to be frozen ground/turf and temps in the 30s. Sunshine if you are VERY lucky since I believe that March has the least amount of sunshine of any month in CNY. Makes Friday night games even worse since it will be colder and take out any chance of some sun assisted warmth. Plus the pleasure of lake effect snow... or a 35 degree rain...

As an official I am opting out this year, and not from the virus. I'm going to prepare for the draft. :D

there was no way to run a fball season now.. HS dont do testing, still hard to see winter sports get played inside at his point unless schools can do cheap fast testing

Probably true, but to try to run it in March/April in just not practical. I assume instead of just cancelling it they are just punting the decision until then.

Will be interesting to see how this impacts lax.
In the old days, when I was in HS in CNY, no high schools had turf fields and they tended to get really muddy and beat up, especially in the spring. This (playing football and soccer in the spring) would destroy the fields.

I think almost all CNY high schools have field turf fields now, which will help a bit.

If you're a two sport athlete, there will be some overlap between football and LAX seasons.
Some tough decisions are going to have to be made. Hope by the spring, the kids will be allowed to play.

In the old days, when I was in HS in CNY, no high schools had turf fields and they tended to get really muddy and beat up, especially in the spring. This (playing football and soccer in the spring) would destroy the fields.

I think almost all CNY high schools have field turf fields now, which will help a bit.
I was thinking more about the two-sport athletes. Seems like there's a lot of overlap between fball and lax.

All class A and some B may have turf, but many smaller schools do not.

there was no way to run a fball season now.. HS dont do testing, still hard to see winter sports get played inside at his point unless schools can do cheap fast testing

That’s just not true. There’s football being played all over the country. I’m watching IMG and Venice right now.

N.Y. grass fields are not playable in March and not everyone has turf.

My HS, class A, won’t be able to field a team. A) the best kids and 80% of the starters will be getting ready to play lacrosse effectively shutting down the football program and B) the grass stadium field won’t be playable.

I’m a lacrosse guy. If they shorten the lax season because of this I’ll be livid. My seniors already missed their junior seasons and now might have a shortened senior season. These are kids who are good enough and trying to get recruited to play college ball AND good enough to get to the States (for the first time in school history) ...And by moving football This poor class has to get screwed twice, along with being recruited AND will miss football anyways. I could go on and on and on about how bad this decision to move football to spring is.

GD cop out by the state and administrators

we play baseball in march too so i dont think football is an issue.

just because they are playing fball without testing doesnt mean its a smart thing to do.. the NCAA isnt playing sports why should HS. the kids i know that play both sports are wanting fball more but it likely is school dependent on which sport they are better at.

I think that a bunch of schools might have to go 8 man

Kids are gonna play baseball and lax in spring, not football

IF I was a coach. I'd bring up as many underclassmen as I could and play them as much as I could to prepare for a normal fall next year -- a defacto spring practice this year