Objective Quadrant Analysis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Objective Quadrant Analysis

What web page has an overview of each team's quadrant records? Thought I saw it here recently but cannot find it.

So I guess if we had to split this week's games a Quadrant 1 win and a Quadrant 2 loss is slightly better than the other way around. Think we've gone from out to solidly back on the bubble now with today's win..

If we get left out I won't feel robbed like I did last season.

If we get left out I won't feel robbed like I did last season.

Obviously the story will be told in the last four games but already wins @ Louisville and @Miami certainly eclipse last years best road wins. (Clemson, N.C. State.) And we don't have any losses that are as egregious as St. John's and UConn last year.

Obviously the story will be told in the last four games but already wins @ Louisville and @Miami certainly eclipse last years best road wins. (Clemson, N.C. State.) And we don't have any losses that are as egregious as St. John's and UConn last year.
But I wouldn't say any of our wins this season are better than our best three wins last season.

But I wouldn't say any of our wins this season are better than our best three wins last season.

They are probably at least pretty close, we at least have some road wins this year. UVA and Duke were 12 and 14 in KP last year, Lville is 29 right now. I would bet winning @29 is pretty close to beating 12 or 14 at home. Would be nice for Lville to end their losing streak at some point though

Gonna need to get another few wins though.

arguably we already have a better resume than last season, during which we had exactly 2 away/neutral wins (both against poor teams) and at least 3 really bad losses
The nerd numbers will look better. I'm more impressed by our top three wins last season than I am the body of work we have this season. I get the selection committee may feel differently.

We were a good team for 3 weeks last year and the rest of the year we sucked. No D, no rebounding ie no heart or hustle. This team deserves a bid more.

They are probably at least pretty close, we at least have some road wins this year. UVA and Duke were 12 and 14 in KP last year, Lville is 29 right now. I would bet winning @29 is pretty close to beating 12 or 14 at home. Would be nice for Lville to end their losing streak at some point though

Gonna need to get another few wins though.
Yeah, look - Louisville is not impressive this season. They aren't. I don't care if their nerd number is 29, and I'm more impressed beating a better team at home than I am beating a team like this year's Louisville on the road. Again, I understand that the committee sees it differently and gets all kinds of hot and bothered for road wins. Our top end wins last season are better to me than our top end wins this season so far.

Numbers wise ( less bad losses, more road wins), I feel like we deserve a bid way more than we did last year. In terms of the eye test at this point in the season I feel the opposite. Getting to the tourney feels like it would be the Apex of the season and probably the end.

Now , if Battle and Howard could get red hot and go on a tear, anything could happen and we win a game or two.

Yeah, look - Louisville is not impressive this season. They aren't. I don't care if their nerd number is 29, and I'm more impressed beating a better team at home than I am beating a team like this year's Louisville on the road. Again, I understand that the committee sees it differently and gets all kinds of hot and bothered for road wins. Our top end wins last season are better to me than our top end wins this season so far.

Fair enough, it just seems if were talking tournament chances we may as well focus on what the committee is going to value.

Fair enough, it just seems if were talking tournament chances we may as well focus on what the committee is going to value.
Sure. But that's why I maintain that last season we got hosed by the committee.

If we beat UNC at home this week—and I think we can—I’ll feel very good about our chances of making the tourney. Very nice win at Miami today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom