Oddball penalties and vs whom | Syracusefan.com

Oddball penalties and vs whom

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
I was discussing how we don't do well when opposing big conference schools bring their refs to the dome re: Northwestern last year.

What games did we get penalized for improper knee pads, jerseys being too short, and what am omitting?

Well in fairness Marvin Harrison's TD against Minnesota on a PR shouldn't have counted either :oops:

It was Tennessee the knee equipment violation , eventual national champions but most people remember the David Byrd PI call from 30 yards away.

Also Miami got a funble recovery when they DID NOT get called for halo rule and hit ?Spotwood before the ball

Well in fairness Marvin Harrison's TD against Minnesota on a PR shouldn't have counted either :oops:

It was Tennessee the knee equipment violation , eventual national champions but most people remember the David Byrd PI call from 30 yards away.

Also Miami got a funble recovery when they DID NOT get called for halo rule and hit ?Spotwood before the ball

The 98 Tennessee game correct? What was the PI call?

Yeah but I thought the PI was on Will Allen ... either way I was in the Dome that day ... man that was painful.

si. 34-33 They were eventual NC. Tee Martin long run was the killer play rigt after that PI on David Byrd on 4th down. That and our not getting a TD the 2 series before where we went for 27-31 to 33-31 lead . Why you bringin up all the negative energy? At least UT won the WFT. Makes it easier in retrospect.

Funny story about that game, since the statue of limitations is up, I was in Cary NC for my father-in-laws passing. He left us a 1986 Caddy Fleetwood (with original stock car phone) and we also took several other items up (with a 5x8 UHaul) to Syracuse leaving what I thought was plenty of time for the trip at 6 pm the night earlier. So after we got through baltimore I noticed it was running warm. I stopped around york I83 and put some water in I brought in of course letting it cool down 2 hrs the lines wore very hot but didn't see radiator leaking, Topped it up with water and went on my way. That stretch that any ACC visitor will now have to take up i-81 from 83 or 81 all the way for others, they all will go by exit 107 in tower City. By then it was hot again. but there isn't squat for water at Exit 107. We coasted a little, it was now about first dawn and we saw some small ponds/flows. I filled all the 1 gallon jugs I had (3 of them) with pondwater and then started off. Maybe it was psycohoolfaction but I swear we could smell the pond in the heater. (trying to keep as much cooling using the fat 1986 Caddy heater core with all the windows open ) Just before "civilization" of Hazelton it heats up again. Right there was the beginning of construction (of course right) There was a site trailer. It was a Saturday 4 hours from where McNabb whom I took my handle from his Pathfider's Lic plate is to kick off and it is dawn. Noon kickoff I am sure of that. So I sure as hell "liberated" three 5-gallon drinking water jugs from the State of Pennsylvania and used them about every 45 minutes as I limped that Caddy and trailer up 81 to my house on the Eastside got in my car and zipped to the dome and met my uncle and dad there as we punted on the first series.

Yeah but I thought the PI was on Will Allen ... either way I was in the Dome that day ... man that was painful.

It was #22 David Byrd. Someone will back me up. Even though I am messing up poster responsibilities.

The only time I have ever seen a helping the runner call was against Pitt and they scored the next play anyway in the game they killed it up 48-3 :bang:

I am out of this thread bad juju

The 98 Tennessee game is on YouTube, and I was watching it the other day.

There's a 3rd and goal play where Bullock chases down Martin to make it fourth down.

The refs flagged the play, calling defensive holding and a dead ball personal foul. No numbers were given, and the announcers have no idea who committed the penalties or where they happened.

That game was so shady.

si. 34-33 They were eventual NC. Tee Martin long run was the killer play rigt after that PI on David Byrd on 4th down. That and our not getting a TD the 2 series before where we went for 27-31 to 33-31 lead . Why you bringin up all the negative energy? At least UT won the WFT. Makes it easier in retrospect.

Was discussing the NW 5 yard inbounds hit out of bounds and got me thinking about other scumbag calls in the past.

However, this years opener isn't in the dome and if there is any truth to Penn State being the "home team" then SU is the visitors should be bringing the refs and perhaps we get the reverse version of those calls.

It was #22 David Byrd. Someone will back me up. Even though I am messing up poster responsibilities.

The only time I have ever seen a helping the runner call was against Pitt and they scored the next play anyway in the game they killed it up 48-3 :bang:

I am out of this thread bad juju

No rewatch the youtube it was Will Allen ... I was there.

No rewatch the youtube it was Will Allen ... I was there.

#22 David Byrd was who it was called on. Will Allen had the coverage. Kind of why there is controversy about it.

The unsportsmanhip penalty vs OU. It was earned yes but being the first one to be called once the rule was implemented sucked and hurt.

Who has the PSU game, big 10 or ACC? I can see one of those ...hit him too hard penalties being called against SU if it's the big 10 crew.

The unsportsmanhip penalty vs OU. It was earned yes but being the first one to be called once the rule was implemented sucked and hurt.

Who has the PSU game, big 10 or ACC? I can see one of those ...hit him too hard penalties being called against SU if it's the big 10 crew.

Earlier reference said PSU was designated the home team. But one of the articles posted by OE above says SU is the home team. So o idea whose refs will take the field. I just hope they call it fair, and don't try to make an example out of trying to apply the new hitting rule where it isn't warranted.

Earlier reference said PSU was designated the home team. But one of the articles posted by OE above says SU is the home team. So o idea whose refs will take the field. I just hope they call it fair, and don't try to make an example out of trying to apply the new hitting rule where it isn't warranted.

I don't understand why they aren't just college football refs and not from any conference. Imagine if the NFC east had their own refs vs another conference and it meant more money for the NFCe if they won. Just take the crap out of it and have people who are just refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom