Offense scoring | Syracusefan.com

Offense scoring

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Louisville game: 2 quick TD's late in the 1st half. The other 57 minutes: 14 points
USF: Final 45+ minutes: 3 points
UCONN: Final 55+ minutes: 10 points

When should we start worrying about these unbelievable scoring droughts? Still racking up tons of yards but the lack of points is astounding.

Louisville game: 2 quick TD's late in the 1st half. The other 57 minutes: 14 points

When should we start worrying about these unbelievable scoring droughts? Still racking up tons of yards but the lack of points is astounding.

We are averaging 28.0 ppg. Last year, under Shafer it was 27.3.

We are averaging 28.0 ppg. Last year, under Shafer it was 27.3.

Yikes...

I can certainly see the potential - when we score, were scoring in bunches... but 10 points today over the last 55+ minutes is awful.

And USF defense is nothing to write home about... 3 points the last 3 Q.

We gotta get points. Throwing for 407 should equal WAY MORE than 24 offensive points.

We will not score or be consistent on offense until the running game gets going. Without the running the points won't be there. Babers has to find a way to get the running game going.

Can't ask for more from the passing game. Dungey isn't going to throw for 900 yards in a game. We need running game to move the chains and take pressure off. Since we can't run our offense is inconsistent

We will not score or be consistent on offense until the running game gets going. Without the running the points won't be there. Babers has to find a way to get the running game going.

Can't ask for more from the passing game. Dungey isn't going to throw for 900 yards in a game. We need running game to move the chains and take pressure off. Since we can't run our offense is inconsistent

we had 200 yards rushing and 350 passing vs USF and only scored 3 points in the last 45 min

To this I ask where is Fredricks? Did I miss something.

We had a lot of defensive scores and an OT drive up those numbers. Not to mention easier OOC games.
True, although to be fair, we have also probably had a few more possessions per game this year. I think scoring is a legitimate concern, but I also think that you have to go a bit by the eye test. Which offense seems more likely to score? I think hands down it's this year's team. We're struggling to actually get the points up on the scoreboard, but you can see the potential. We're just 4 games into the Babers tenure. I've seen enough to be excited, but can recognize that for present success, we need to finish drives a lot better.

Not to quibble but wasn't it 17 points after the first two TDs yesterday? Disappointment was 3 straight drives up 14 - 0 without threatening to score. Particularly the 3rd of those where we had a 2nd and 1 approaching midfield and Dungey took a terrible sack. Up three scores at that point would have made for a much less stressful afternoon.

Ahh, right. 10 by the offense and 7 by the D.
Was actually referring to last year's stats. I did the numbers once and as I recall the D was responsible for about three ppg.

We had a lot of defensive scores and an OT drive up those numbers. Not to mention easier OOC games.
yards per play is looking better after UConn though. we're middle of the road there, should get better, scoring will follow

Was actually referring to last year's stats. I did the numbers once and as I recall the D was responsible for about three ppg.

In that same case, this years D is responsible for just under 2ppg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom