Offense | Syracusefan.com

Offense

RMH44

All American
I mentioned this in a thread below.

IF we play well offensively we win this game going away.

Our defense has been the one constant for the entire season. I believe that our zone can keep us in this game even if the offense doesn't play well for periods of time.

Folks, there is a reason that the NBA banned the zone until recently. When run properly, it can completely stifle opponents. Plus...we have the far more athletic team and don't have to worry about 40 minutes of pressure because IU doesn't have the personnel.

I think we win this one by near double digits. LGO!

There is no scenario where we win this game "going away." If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

One of the interesting tidbits in the SWC thread about Sweet Sixteens is that SU, while under JB, hasn't won one of these things by double digits yet. Time to take care of that.

There is no scenario where we win this game "going away." If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.
I disagree.

If Zeller gets into foul trouble and we shut down IU's attempted threes, this game could be very similar to their loss to WI.

Commence plucking feathers ;-)

Interesting post from an Indiana fan...

The thing that scares me in this game is the 2nd and 3rd chances teams get at the bucket with our atrocious rebounding. Syracuse is a tall/athletic team that will kill us on the boards. Our rebounding relatively sux.

Syracuse isn't the greatest defensive rebounding team, but we've been very good on the offensive glass. Could be an advantage we try to exploit.

At the same time, it's a slippery slope because you don't want to give up fast breaks to Indiana because they're so good at it.

It will be interesting to see what happens there.

Yes, I promise... I will eat the crow straight, no chaser.
sheryl crow??

youre getting off easy.

wait. is there a pun in there? whats in there?

i dont get it...

Oh Lord

I am with you on this one. I really like the match up. My thinking is rather simple and along the same lines. We should be able to score easier then them. I don't see them scoring easily against the zone. On the other hand their defense doesn't really scare me. Plus they may think twice about wanting to run with us. Are problems are against teams that force us to run half court offense. We should be able to run a little bit. I think the key to the gme will be who can rebound the ball better on the defensive end. Both teams are good offensive rebounding teams, but again I give us a slight edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom