For what it's worth.

Rushing,

Wagner 48 carries, 236 yds
SBU 45, 214

Passing,

Wagner 28 of 35, 359
SBU 22 of 35, 335

3 more plays run, 46 more yds.

Biggest difference 3 rushing TD's this year vs 1 and the six additional completions

While the rushing offense hasn't gotten really untracked yet, it has done much, much, much better in the redzone.

A big difference is starting field position and TD's vs FG attempts. We missed 2 in that game. Convert those to TD's and we would've been good for 42 points vs 28. Against Wagner we were starting at midfield or better most drives vs Stony Brook who put up 200+ more yards. Also our punting this year was much better and theirs was worse than SB as well.

Stony Brook last year > Wagner this year. Don't think it's even close to be honest.

That being said, I'm happy our offense was able to do what it needed to do.

Those numbers also factor in the first three possessions - which were all awful, FWIW.

Jerome Smith seems like he'd be ideal for goal line situations at RB, but last year early on, it just wasn't working out. This year, it's working much better. Nice bounce outside on a TD Saturday, otherwise following his blocking well and running hard into the end zone.

Stony Brook last year > Wagner this year. Don't think it's even close to be honest.

That being said, I'm happy our offense was able to do what it needed to do.

Those numbers also factor in the first three possessions - which were all awful, FWIW.

Just some context to help people assess. As it is, 2nd highest total yds in a game in the last five seasons, short of last years Northwestern game by 1 yd, and third highest yards per play after Colgate and KSt in the Pinstripe.

One thing that is concerning is that yds per carry was only 4.9 which is pretty pedistrian against that type of opponent. It is consistent however with the single biggest weakness in the program since Marrone took over, which is having a strong run game. In the 53 games since in only five games has yards per carry been over 5 yds. Long term that has to improve to be a really good team again.

Just some context to help people assess. As it is, 2nd highest total yds in a game in the last five seasons, short of last years Northwestern game by 1 yd, and third highest yards per play after Colgate and KSt in the Pinstripe.

One thing that is concerning is that yds per carry was only 4.9 which is pretty pedistrian against that type of opponent. It is consistent however with the single biggest weakness in the program since Marrone took over, which is having a strong run game. In the 53 games since in only five games has yards per carry been over 5 yds. Long term that has to improve to be a really good team again.

Our running game must be more consistent, but I also think that the short swing passes (glorified sweeps) should be factored in when considering the 5.0+ YPC number. Most of Broyld's receptions have been of that variety - he's averaging 8.0 YPC, which increases that number.

I will say that our o-line definitely needs to be better at the point of attack this year (which I think is what you are basically getting at).

Our running game must be more consistent, but I also think that the short swing passes (glorified sweeps) should be factored in when considering the 5.0+ YPC number. Most of Broyld's receptions have been of that variety - he's averaging 8.0 YPC, which increases that number.

I will say that our o-line definitely needs to be better at the point of attack this year (which I think is what you are basically getting at).

If you are going to do that you need to factor in incompletions then.

If you are going to do that you need to factor in incompletions then.

Agreed - averages in as a no-gain run. Still think it boosts the overall #'s.

I'll be very happy if our offense progresses like last year.

For what it's worth.

Rushing,

Wagner 48 carries, 236 yds
SBU 45, 214

Passing,

Wagner 28 of 35, 359
SBU 22 of 35, 335

3 more plays run, 46 more yds.

Biggest difference 3 rushing TD's this year vs 1 and the six additional completions

While the rushing offense hasn't gotten really untracked yet, it has done much, much, much better in the redzone.
Big difference was Shafer called off the dogs in the third quarter not so with Stony Brook which was a much more competitive game