Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

That call was absolutely absurd. Basically put the guy in an arm bar and a bear hug….jump ball!

Or if it's Syracuse- all you do is breath on the ball and call timeout and you get possession and timeout granted. Luckily it was a little better vs GT but that hasn't been the norm.

Fun game. If UConn stays out of foul trouble they’re really good. If they don’t they’re rough to watch. Apparently Hurley had a conversation with his buddy Nate Oates prior to the game about his recent ejection… This reminded me of the type of game and atmosphere that was a yearly occurrence with you all. I miss that!

Officials give the defenses on the losing team way too much friendly of a whistle at the end of close games. It should be the exact opposite. It should be difficult to get a call and should be a foul almost all the time unless it is all ball. Anytime there is any contact of any kind it needs to be called a foul.

Fun game. If UConn stays out of foul trouble they’re really good. If they don’t they’re rough to watch. Apparently Hurley had a conversation with his buddy Nate Oates prior to the game about his recent ejection… This reminded me of the type of game and atmosphere that was a yearly occurrence with you all. I miss that!
Your coach’s sideline demeanor is an embarrassment to college basketball.
It’s ohe thing to be intense and coach hard every game. Dan Hurley is certifiably lunatic how he behaves when anything goes against him.

He should go to anger management or get Technicals like he did last night.

The guy is nuts and its not acceptable what he does.
Your old coach Calhoun was intense but behaved like a rational human being even when he would get Ts and was intense.

If the UConn fanbase doesn’t come down on Hurley and explain his behavior is unacceptable then that raving lunatic is a timebomb.

It’s ohe thing to be intense and coach hard every game. Dan Hurley is certifiably lunatic how he behaves when anything goes against him.

Your old coach Calhoun was intense but behaved like a rational human being even when he would get Ts and was intense.

If the UConn fanbase doesn’t come down on Hurley and explain his behavior is unacceptable then that raving lunatic is a timebomb.
Would love to see UConn and Michigan schedule each other.

I agree Nova got robbed at the end, but in my view it is karma for the last game SU played them in Philly when the Orange got robbed at the end.

I think FS1 does a better job on college hoops than ESPN.
Fun game. Great announcers. Bad result.
ESPN/Disney went cheapo and didn’t pay Raftery, Johnson etc. what they were worth. They won’t pony up because…profits. So we get terrible quality on the broadcasts. Announcers matter.

Their fan base isn't coming down on him. As he was leaving after his 2nd T, the fans were cheering and applauding rather notably in support and appreciation.

In all of my years, I've never heard of or seen a coach get T'ed up for getting fans to make some noise.

In all of my years, I've never heard of or seen a coach get T'ed up for getting fans to make some noise.
I think if you add in his reputation, his language to the official after the first tech, and then his clear intention to not only pump up the crowd but also rub the refs nose in it, the sum ends up being a 2nd tech.

Maybe some guys can let it go, but clearly that ref had enough of his antics.

Hurley can clearly recruit and has his team playing really hard. If he can gain some respect for his position he could be a great get for UConn.

If they can stay out of foul trouble and hurley can not be a jerkoff for 2 hours a night they could be a real problem in the tourney.

I think if you add in his reputation, his language to the official after the first tech, and then his clear intention to not only pump up the crowd but also rub the refs nose in it, the sum ends up being a 2nd tech.

Hurley can clearly recruit and has his team playing really hard. If he can gain some respect for his position he could be a great get for UConn.

If they can stay out of foul trouble and hurley can not be a jerkoff for 2 hours a night they could be a real problem in the tourney.

Perhaps. I can respect your opinion. However, IMO, the ref needed to have thicker skin in that moment. Part of the problem, again in my opinion, is when a ref doesn't stay in the moment, and allows his own subjectivity, past unrelated to this moment circumstance, etc. affect his decision.

I've seen coaches do more than that after being T'ed up and not get tossed. In my view, it was the ref succumbing to his own insecurities, etc. and a power play saying, Oh yeah, you are directing the crowd at me, I'll show you who has the last word.

Lol @ court storm

Refs handed UConn the game. First with the “held ball”, and then the charge call on Gillespie
Yeah, replay clearly showed Cole had linked his arm inside Gillespie's arm. One call does not decide a game. Charge/block. I felt could go either way.
Oh bulls---. Go away, Dana.

Those guys got by because they weren't showing off refs and their peers at every opportunity.
I thought Hurleys antics throughout the prior 15 minutes led to the early shower. He was walking the line the whole way. Not only that, but Rollie and Louie were hysterically funny, I'm sure they chirped but with a sense of humor. Big John and JB did get tossed a couple of times. I felt they did not share the same sense of humor as Rollie and Louie, but man what a great bunch of coaches. Rafferty would get tossed if he didn't invite the refs out for a night on the town after a home game. What a great guy he is.

Just a coupla weeks ago Hurley mouthed off to the refs in the media, and last night was payback. He now has a target firmly on his back, and all this before he’s done an ounce of winning at UConn. If he doesn’t learn to tone it down, he could be a real liability to that team.

Their fan base isn't coming down on him. As he was leaving after his 2nd T, the fans were cheering and applauding rather notably in support and appreciation.

I think it was the timing. From what I heard and read (didn’t watch till later in the game), he was teed up for complaining about a foul call, banged on a table and shortly afterwards (someone else will know how close the 2 T’s were), he turned his back to the court facing the crowd, raising his arms to get the crowd going. The refs may have taken it as Hurley trying to incite the crowd to pressure them even more after the first T. As I said, I didn’t see the beginning of the game though.

I think it was the timing. From what I heard and read (didn’t watch till later in the game), he was teed up for complaining about a foul call, banged on a table and shortly afterwards (someone else will know how close the 2 T’s were), he turned his back to the court facing the crowd, raising his arms to get the crowd going. The refs may have taken it as Hurley trying to incite the crowd to pressure them even more after the first T. As I said, I didn’t see the beginning of the game though.

I watched the game live. IMO, even the banging of the table that warranted the original T wasn't crazy egregious or anything. I mean, if all the refs out there were 'technically' objective vs. rolling considerably more subjective and using a higher level of discretion as they do, etc., then, IMO, there would be substantially more ejections on a routine basis.

Part of the problem, again in my opinion, is when a ref doesn't stay in the moment, and allows his own subjectivity, past unrelated to this moment circumstance, etc. affect his decision.
I’m with you, they should be able to take their ego out of the call. Easier said than done with a maniac jawing at you all game haha.