Official Clemson Game Thread... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Official Clemson Game Thread...

We've done it too in basketball. I'm pretty sure our fans have even chanted it when playing former conference mates in lesser leagues now.

Like...to rub it in that we're still in a big time league and they aren't? That's a little different. That's good trash talk.

Cheering for Duke or Clemson (or UConn back in the day) or something in a national title game is something else.

Hard to evaluate our performance without Dungey. Once he went down, it became a scrimmage.

I mean, if someone told you Austin Wilson would be playing QB in the first quarter at Clemson, how'd you like our chances?

Wilson can't run and is an average passer. I'll be curious to here why they played him instead of Mahoney.

I feared this WITH Dungey. Without him, well...

I don't know why I bother, but:

We are playing a team that almost won the NC
We are playing them there
With a bunch of sophmores
Our QB got knocked out
They seem to be playing their best game of the year

Mahoney is a runner, one guy knocked out is enough.
Stop with all your "making sense" and "keeping things in their proper perspective". That's not what this is all about. Your ruining their "bitch vibe"!!! Geez.

The only reason you felt the need to make a comment was to be the holier-than-thou "It's just a game, bro" type. I'm aware I can decide not to go.

My comment reflected my disdain for the multiple arm tackle attempts, boneheaded penalties, and IMO complete lack of enthusiasm/energy from the team today. If that's acceptable for you, then so be it, we're cut from a different cloth.
Ok, glad you can sum me up from two message board posts. I suppose I should've inferred from your "I don't feel like going next week" post, all of the variables why.

If you didn't want anybody to respond, why post it? The holier-than-thou crap? I'd have to say that your pedestal smells a bit more like that.

I simply said, so... don't go? And you jumped all over me.

I get it, your mad about Syracuse. So is everyone here.

Do we put the kid in bubble wrap? It stinks but I don't see Clemson "saving" Watson.

The young man clearly is prone to concussions. It stinks and I wish nothing but the best, but it looks like it's almost bound to happen with him. That wasn't even a head shot.

I understand the risk of playing football. But rule one is you protect your assets. The Jets didn't run Namath. The Colts didn't run Manning. The Patriots do not run Brady.

I understand that in the college game, the QB runs more than in the NFL. But in this instance, there was no need to subject a kid like Dungey - prone to concussion injuries - to that kind of hit. It probably was not a "head shot" in the strictest sense, but that doesn't matter. It is the rattling of the brain inside the cranium that matters. And that hit rattled Eric's brain - it almost snapped his head off.

There was no need to run him in that fashion. It was a stupid play call.

It has probably ended his career and has ruined any chance this team had for winning two more games.

I love Babers but I am extremely upset that he took that kind of chance - especially today, in a game we had no chance of winning.

Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Like...to rub it in that we're still in a big time league and they aren't? That's a little different. That's good trash talk.

Cheering for Duke or Clemson (or UConn back in the day) or something in a national title game is something else.
I'll agree with that. Never rooting for Duke or UNC in CBB which makes it even weirder that SEC football fans do that since ACC basketball is equivalent.

I'm just not at that point with Clemson, FSU or Ville. Maybe when we're not a doormat I'll start feeling differently.

Eh, he's got a backup QB in too and given their position in the college football world, they need to
Are they playing their best game of the year because they are playing us?
They destroyed BC by 46 so I would not say this is their best game yet :bang:

Are they playing their best game of the year because they are playing us?

It's November, 3:30 at home and a veteran team who had their scares. Usually when teams come together. A few of their long completes were ropes, most QBs at this level don't hit those or have WRs to get em.

The only reason you felt the need to make a comment was to be the holier-than-thou "It's just a game, bro" type. I'm aware I can decide not to go.

My comment reflected my disdain for the multiple arm tackle attempts, boneheaded penalties, and IMO complete lack of enthusiasm/energy from the team today. If that's acceptable for you, then so be it, we're cut from a different cloth.

Bailey said the team was as amped as he's seen before the game.

Hard to evaluate our performance without Dungey. Once he went down, it became a scrimmage.

I mean, if someone told you Austin Wilson would be playing QB in the first quarter at Clemson, how'd you like our chances?

Wilson can't run and is an average passer. I'll be curious to here why they played him instead of Mahoney.

I feared this WITH Dungey. Without him, well...
Average is generous.

Ok, glad you can sum me up from two message board posts. I suppose I should've inferred from your "I don't feel like going next week" post, all of the variables why.

If you didn't want anybody to respond, why post it? The holier-than-thou crap? I'd have to say that your pedestal smells a bit more like that.

I simply said, so... don't go? And you jumped all over me.

I get it, your mad about Syracuse. So is everyone here.

Because if I vent to my girlfriend and tell her I don't feel like going next Saturday I'll end up having to dig myself out of winery plans come Monday when I finally calm down.

Great tackle by Bennett. I also like how he got up and walked back (instead of celebrating). Really wish our secondary would make a play.

Weird how their backup can actually do something out there

All day to throw. More of a problem than our Dbs.

I'll agree with that. Never rooting for Duke or UNC in CBB which makes it even weirder that SEC football fans do that since ACC basketball is equivalent.

I'm just not at that point with Clemson, FSU or Ville. Maybe when we're not a doormat I'll start feeling differently.

I'm there with Clemson. Those clowns got all worked up about our players backing their own QB in year one and that bust CJ Spiller was popping off and referred to Cuse as "scrubs"(Funny that he quickly turned into a SCRUB), booed our players injuries in year two, had the refs take over the game in their favor when we got close in year three, took out our QB and German supplexed our RB this year. Screw them. And that stupid rock annoys me too. Hope they lose out.

Bailey said the team was as amped as he's seen before the game.

I have no doubt the guys were pumped up. Unfortunately for them (and us) that enthusiasm just didn't translate onto the field.

I'm there with Clemson. Those clowns got all worked up about our players backing their own QB in year one and that bust CJ Spiller was popping off and referred to Cuse as "scrubs"(Funny that he quickly turned into a SCRUB), booed our players injuries in year two, had the refs take over the game in their favor when we got close in year three, took out our QB and German supplexed our RB this year. Screw them. And that stupid rock annoys me too. Hope they lose out.
I get it. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I can't root for Bama or Michigan over them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom