Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't care if the whole board disagrees with me, and it's not meant to judge anyone (people can do what they want).

Anyone out there who says they do not go to SU football games because of Get a Life, One Horse Town, or the announcement of a 10 game Metlife schedule that has since been cancelled, was never really an SU football fan to begin with. And they probably have a few other issues as well.

A normal fan wouldn't hold a grudge like that when either the people who said the mean things are now twice removed in their positions, or the people who made the deals for a neutral stadium are once removed (and the deal is dead).

I'm sure someone will respond and say that their neighbor Fred was a huge fan and is totally normal. And I'm telling you that no matter how many cookouts you had, or beers in the garage, you don't know as much about Fred as you think you do. And if I were you, I'd move.
that was beautiful.

29XYmgE.gif

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't care if the whole board disagrees with me, and it's not meant to judge anyone (people can do what they want).

Anyone out there who says they do not go to SU football games because of Get a Life, One Horse Town, or the announcement of a 10 game Metlife schedule that has since been cancelled, was never really an SU football fan to begin with. And they probably have a few other issues as well.

A normal fan wouldn't hold a grudge like that when either the people who said the mean things are now twice removed in their positions, or the people who made the deals for a neutral stadium are once removed (and the deal is dead).

I'm sure someone will respond and say that their neighbor Fred was a huge fan and is totally normal. And I'm telling you that no matter how many cookouts you had, or beers in the garage, you don't know as much about Fred as you think you do. And if I were you, I'd move.

I couldn't agree more. It's an easy out to use a comment or decision that was made 10 years ago for not going to the game now. Things change. Be a part of it. And most of the people who pissed all of you off are gone which is probably what you wanted done in the first place.

Without actually counting, it looks like the goal line to 20 yard line seats in the upper deck for LSU have been moving. Most of the first level except for end zones are gone. lot of resale seats in the East End Zone

I only know a handful of LSU fans in VA / DC - but they are all going or have friends going - it's going to be a lot of people.

Here is where it is at. Not as good as FSU or Clemson the week before if I remember correctly. I also have a hunch that a lot the blocks of grayed out seats in the third level are still available.

Blue is unsold and red is resale.

Still think we have a good shot at getting mid 40s if we win this weekend. A lot of tickets sold the week of the game from what I remember for the past couple big games. orange7

View attachment 50763

Not a ton of movement since Wednesday. Lets hope for a victory tomorrow, resulting in a big late push.
Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 2.34.30 PM.png

CUSU said:
Not a ton of movement since Wednesday. Lets hope for a victory tomorrow, resulting in a big late push.

One thing I've noticed being different from our first few games is that more seats have been sold in the first level. I'm sure some are SU fans but I bet many LSU fans ponied up for those seats through SU because they didn't want to sit upstairs or in the corner.

Last edited:
Not a ton of movement since Wednesday. Lets hope for a victory tomorrow, resulting in a big late push.View attachment 50869

Absolutely embarrassing.

My guess. 38k. Sad this is what it has come to.

This has to be more then merely losing games. OttoinGrotto is right. Trying to white knuckle a TD or 2 game just isn't bad for your record, but it also kills any chance of trying to sell tickets to football fans who want to see an exciting game. Think about it. Unless you have a vested interest in SU would you watch the game? Nope. I'm a die hard Cuse Football fan, but also a die hard College Football fan. It's the sport i'm most passionate about. Do you know the teams I always want to watch? Baylor, TCU (past 2 years), Boise St, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St. Do you know who I don't want to watch? Stanford, Michigan St, BC, Minnesota, LSU.

Anything lower than 45k for a 3-0 LSU and a 3-0 (F yeah we are winning tmrw) is absolutely embarrising to the Syracuse program.

I don't even want to ask what it will look like for the game tomorrow, I'll be there.

really hard to tell how many they sold for 3 game packages say its 1-2K but it may be more than we think. and maybe 1K more students come back. but really shocked how we dropped last week by so much, maybe the friday game helped more than those against it realize. the lack of marketing push by the school will pay off somewhat if we win this week but if we lose it will be empty again. the clemson build up last year took a couple solid weeks and it was heavily hyped. even of you sell 1k a day all week we only see a small blip now. im hoping game one was the norm not game 2

If we win tomorrow we get close to 45k maybe more. If we pull off the upset vs LSU which I seriously think we can and if we take care of CMU first, I think we get 35-40k+ for the rest of the home games assuming we stay competitive.

So sick of these salty attendance threads.

It's a 3 part problem:

-The team has completely sucked the past decade. Don't give me Nassib and a Pinstripe Bowl.. No one gives a **** about the Pinstripe Bowl and if for some reason they did, last years complete clown show killed any of that momentum.

-SU Marketing. Seriously, What are they doing!? How do we have a thread asking if kids are free!? How is that not abundantly known!? How do we have news broadcasts that apparently don't even mention that there's a game on Saturday!? No billboards or live reports from the Dome all week? Minor League status right now and it's embarrassing.

-Our fans our front runners. Plain and simple. The product has been garbage and the marketing is a joke but if we had a die hard community that rallied around the team this wouldn't be a problem.

One thing I've noticed being different from our first few games is that more seats have been sold in the first level. I'm sure some are SU fans but I bet many LSU fans ponied up for those seats through SU because they didn't want to sit upstairs or in the corner.
What does the blue and red mean?

Lot of people that would normally miss games are going to show up for LSU. I know about 10 people at my work that do not attend games that are making it a point to make it to the LSU game.

I paid a buttload of money for tickets on the lower level around the 40 yard line for Clemson two years ago. 4 tickets and a parking pass we gave away for $600. We also went to 4 road games that year. The cheap tickets at those away games is a lot more than cheap Dome seats. With that being said, I probably won't be splurging for those lower level Dome tickets again any time soon.
One of the nice things about the Dome (for football) is that most of the 3rd level seats are very good.

The longtime usher in my section said the Carrier Dome staff were told to expect over 45,000 for the LSU game. Also while in the a Orange Club tent on the quad I was told ticket sales have surpassed 40,000.

BVille44 said:
The longtime usher in my section said the Carrier Dome staff were told to expect over 45,000 for the LSU game. Also while in the a Orange Club tent on the quad I was told ticket sales have surpassed 40,000.

I think people are going to come out to watch Fournette. Heisman front runner after today.

I really hope Dungey is ok and ready to play. Because I think more and more people are going to come out to watch him too.

I think people are going to come out to watch Fournette. Heisman front runner after today.

I really hope Dungey is ok and ready to play. Because I think more and more people are going to come out to watch him too.
I agree. If it is announced that Dungey is out early in the week it will hurt ticket sales.

Chip said:
I think people are going to come out to watch Fournette. Heisman front runner after today. I really hope Dungey is ok and ready to play. Because I think more and more people are going to come out to watch him too.

If Dungey is 100% for LSU, we will give them a game.

This is going to be a beat down if ED plays or DM suddenly finds out he has one game of eligibility left and suits up. There will be no refunds.

I agree. If it is announced that Dungey is out early in the week it will hurt ticket sales.
we wont say anything about his injury until the acc requires us too which is thursday night