Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread

Luke is not a Sith. No way in hell. If anything, he went into seclusion, much like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, for reasons we don't know. Perhaps he tried to mentor Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), the kid turned dark, and he bolted?

As the title suggests, the Force went dormant, so Luke may have disappeared to hone his powers, waiting for a time when he would be needed again. Or maybe he just got sick of carrying the weight of the rebellion and decided he needed a vacation. But he is not Sith. No way JJ would do that. That would be a Jar Jar move.

Luke is not a Sith. No way in hell. If anything, he went into seclusion, much like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, for reasons we don't know. Perhaps he tried to mentor Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), the kid turned dark, and he bolted?

As the title suggests, the Force went dormant, so Luke may have disappeared to hone his powers, waiting for a time when he would be needed again. Or maybe he just got sick of carrying the weight of the rebellion and decided he needed a vacation. But he is not Sith. No way JJ would do that. That would be a Jar Jar move.
I wouldn't say "no way in hell" but I do ask...if the Emperor, and Darth Vader, couldn't turn Luke to the dark side...what the hell COULD have come up in the last 30 years to do what the two most powerful Sith lords in history couldn't?

I wouldn't say "no way in hell" but I do ask...if the Emperor, and Darth Vader, couldn't turn Luke to the dark side...what the hell COULD have come up in the last 30 years to do what the two most powerful Sith lords in history couldn't?

Perhaps an incestuous relationship gone bad? :eek: It's the oldest story in the universe. Jealousy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to a man cave on a desert planet.

Luke could be corrupted. He wasn't a Jedi at a young age as a result he isn't in as much control with his emotions as a typical Jedi.

The pursuit of power can corrupt anyone. I just think Luke as the new bad guy and the girl being Han Solo/Leia's daughter saving him makes to much sense.

Just because kylo ren is played by Adam driver, isn't the be all end all. David Prowse was in the Vader suit, not James earl jones.

Still don't buy it tho

Perhaps mounting credit card debt?

And he lost a fortune on this online gambling site, PodKings. He swears there was insider shenanigans in the fantasy pod racing circuit but no one will listen.
Of course there are shenanigans ... it's unregulated! The winners are about 1% of the players. And of those, there are insiders and paid experts running scripts.

Caveat emptor.

Just because kylo ren is played by Adam driver, isn't the be all end all. David Prowse was in the Vader suit, not James earl jones.

Still don't buy it tho

But I think Kylo Ren is actually SEEN in the movie, sans mask, so it wouldn't be the same as Prowse. You can't show Adam Driver and then say it's someone else. I still don't think Luke is a Dark Jedi.

And he lost a fortune on this online gambling site, PodKings. He swears there was insider shenanigans in the fantasy pod racing circuit but no one will listen.
Boom, there you go. He was just a dumb kid when all this started. He saved a freaking galaxy, he was on top of the world. But what happens when people start to forget and life starts getting real? That's when the dark side slowly casts its shadow over even the best of us.

But I think Kylo Ren is actually SEEN in the movie, sans mask, so it wouldn't be the same as Prowse. You can't show Adam Driver and then say it's someone else. I still don't think Luke is a Dark Jedi.
Plus Driver is nearly 6'3 and Mark Hamill is 5'9. Why would they chose someone so physically different, they wouldn't.

Here's a prediction, though:

Daisy Ridley looks remarkably like Kiera Knightley. Kiera was a stand in for Natalie Portman on the prequels, because she looks so much like Portman. Therefore: Daisy Ridley is supposed to be Leia's (and Han's) daughter. I don't see any way JJ Abrams could look past the resemblance between Ridley and Knightley, and I imagine it actually played into the casting decision.

Here's a prediction, though:

Daisy Ridley looks remarkably like Kiera Knightley. Kiera was a stand in for Natalie Portman on the prequels, because she looks so much like Portman. Therefore: Daisy Ridley is supposed to be Leia's (and Han's) daughter. I don't see any way JJ Abrams could look past the resemblance between Ridley and Knightley, and I imagine it actually played into the casting decision.
I said that. I think the girl(Daisy Ridley) is going to be Luke Skywalker type hero this trilogy and that she is the daughter of Leia and Han. Therefore she would have the force in her family and be able to stop her Uncle.

My personal theory is that this new trilogy will be an allegory to WWII:

WWI (the original 3) is over. The Dark side (Germany) is held in contempt until a new ruler named Hitler (Kylo Ren) arises to power. He rebuild the German State into a powerhouse (Dark side again) and annexes new territories (planets/solar systems). A new breed of allies (Fin, Rey, Han, etc) join together to take down this new threat.

The allies, however, are beat down. They bend, but don't break. They know that there is one last hope...a great power in the USA that can turn the tide of battle (Luke).

My personal theory is that this new trilogy will be an allegory to WWII:

WWI (the original 3) is over. The Dark side (Germany) is held in contempt until a new ruler named Hitler (Kylo Ren) arises to power. He rebuild the German State into a powerhouse (Dark side again) and annexes new territories (planets/solar systems). A new breed of allies (Fin, Rey, Han, etc) join together to take down this new threat.

The allies, however, are beat down. They bend, but don't break. They know that there is one last hope...a great power in the USA that can turn the tide of battle (Luke).
That's certainly very plausible, particularly since I keep seeing this "New Order" being referred to as being similar to the Nazis.

dat ass

dat ass
So you're saying Luke will be seduced by Darth Talon?

darth_talon_01.jpg

Boom, there you go. He was just a dumb kid when all this started. He saved a freaking galaxy, he was on top of the world. But what happens when people start to forget and life starts getting real? That's when the dark side slowly casts its shadow over even the best of us.

OMG. He's the Kanye West of the Galaxy!

That's certainly very plausible, particularly since I keep seeing this "New Order" being referred to as being similar to the Nazis.

Lucas took the word "stormtroopers" from WWII history to begin with, so anything is possible.

jekelish said:
Here's a prediction, though: Daisy Ridley looks remarkably like Kiera Knightley. Kiera was a stand in for Natalie Portman on the prequels, because she looks so much like Portman. Therefore: Daisy Ridley is supposed to be Leia's (and Han's) daughter. I don't see any way JJ Abrams could look past the resemblance between Ridley and Knightley, and I imagine it actually played into the casting decision.
Rey is definitely their daughter.

PeteCalvin said:
Luke is not a Sith. No way in hell. If anything, he went into seclusion, much like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, for reasons we don't know. Perhaps he tried to mentor Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), the kid turned dark, and he bolted? As the title suggests, the Force went dormant, so Luke may have disappeared to hone his powers, waiting for a time when he would be needed again. Or maybe he just got sick of carrying the weight of the rebellion and decided he needed a vacation. But he is not Sith. No way JJ would do that. That would be a Jar Jar move.
Totally agree. Plus Kylo is clearly trying to fulfill the legacy of his hero Vader. I think he goes hunting for Luke and what Luke is protecting. Im guessing but I think people Are going to have to get used to a new (or old depending on how you look at it) Sith. Plus there's a significant role here for BDT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom