Class of 2016 - Official Visit Dates: Updating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Official Visit Dates: Updating

Rivals Profile lists Lyndsey Scott as visiting 1/22/16.

They are also showing on his profile that he has been offered by Wake Forest and is visiting there on the 29th, and that he is visiting Harvard on the 15th. He also has high interest in LSU with no offer.

This kid could own the Ivy League. As much as I like him, Harvard might be a better lifetime option.

This kid could own the Ivy League. As much as I like him, Harvard might be a better lifetime option.
I know a Harvard grad, now selling phones for Verizon five years out of college. There's no doubt that college is what you make of it, but I am skeptical that the benefits of going to Ivy League schools are as great as they once might've been.

I know a Harvard grad, now selling phones for Verizon five years out of college. There's no doubt that college is what you make of it, but I am skeptical that the benefits of going to Ivy League schools are as great as they once might've been.
Often it's not the education you get at an Ivy but rather the network you develop. ;)

They are Finn, they really are. In the what you make of it category there is little doubt that the same effort with A Harvard degree will get you farther or at least make it easier.
There are always exceptions that proves the rule, but that is about all.

Often it's not the education you get at an Ivy but rather the network you develop. ;)
I completely agree, that's what I was getting at by saying what you make of it. It was just amazing to me.

They are Finn, they really are. In the what you make of it category there is little doubt that the same effort with A Harvard degree will get you farther or at least make it easier.
There are always exceptions that proves the rule, but that is about all.
I'll agree here, just tough to weigh the merits of a big time football program against an ivy. Football/Athletic networks are a big bonus too.

I'll agree here, just tough to weigh the merits of a big time football program against an ivy. Football/Athletic networks are a big bonus too.
I am assuming that he won't be playing on Sundays. One other thing that comes into play is the Ivy'so do value legacy applications. While not automatic, they do help (especially if you gave them money every year).

If you count Taylor Riggins, we'll have 10 scholarship linebackers next year. I wonder what their # is at this position.

I realize things may be up in the air with Riggins, even still, I think 10 LB's has to be a healthy number considering how many WR/OL we'll most likely carry.

If you count Taylor Riggins, we'll have 10 scholarship linebackers next year. I wonder what their # is at this position.

I realize things may be up in the air with Riggins, even still, I think 10 LB's has to be a healthy number considering how many WR/OL we'll most likely carry.
I am not sure what is going on with Riggins. I looked yesterday and none of the new coaches are following him.

January 22, This fast approaching date is when IMO a very large contingent of Orange prospects with offers are visiting the school. Has there ever been a date to match this vast number of prospects visiting at the same time?We may very well get a lot of commits on this week end. The kind of recruits that can jump start a program to be happy with in watching without committing violence on the large screen TV you are watching the game on or the coaches being stupid with players and time outs. It should be fun regardless of what happens .

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree cali and I am actually both excited and nervous for this weekend. Without a hoops game in the middle of January its bare bones, the foundation that should attract a recruit: the human element in coaching vibes and relationships, the beauty and historic feel of our campus, and our upgraded facilities. Finally , being part of a special offensive approach at the P5 level. Go Cuse!

12/12/15

Rex Culpepper
Scoop Bradshaw
Moe Neal
Jamal Holloway
Kenneth Ruff

1/16/16

Drew Beesley (BGSU Decommit)
Andrew Armstrong (BGSU Decommit)
Devaughn Cooper (Arizona Commit)
Sean Riley (Arizona Commit)
Cedric Byrd
Devon Clarke

1/22/15

Sam Heckel
Kentrail Moran (Illinois Commit)
Josh Black (Illinois Commit)
Sam Brodner (Vandy Decommit)
Evan Foster (BGSU Decommit)
Airon Servais
Jaquwan Nelson (Miami Commit)
Dez Fitzpatrick
Rashad Smith (FAU Commit)

1/29/15

Lindsey Scott
Monquavion Brinson
Adrian Killins (UCF Commit)
OK we have had other important recruiting days but I still think that 1/22/16 is by numbers alone one of our most important in recent decades.