Class of 2020 - OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska

Come on, your a better poster than this

We started off the whole first month batting 80% for 4* recruits and transfers battling multiple top SEC and B1G programs

Not to mention we reeled in arguably the single biggest land in the offseason with a top 5-10 senior QB from an elite 11-1 school

We are never going to win them all, neither does any top 10-20 school.

Also when we don’t land a player it could be for a multitude of reasons, including our own priorities and preferences

Lastly, I don’t think we want the kids looking for the biggest bag. We want a kid who, sure wants a fair bag, but also sees the other benefits, like Kyle did. I am sure he could have got more money elsewhere but I am also sure we weren’t multiples away in the number he got from us. A fair, but not top, offer plus all of the other selling points will resonate with plenty of top athletes.

Your a great poster so please don’t take this the wrong way but we can’t default into our woah as me feeling just cause we are on a short losing streak, the cause of which we don’t even know (not to mention we don’t know who the likely capable replacement willl be)

* you’re

** woe is me

Whoa is me would be more like this guy:

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Keanu Reeves GIF

Come on, your a better poster than this

We started off the whole first month batting 80% for 4* recruits and transfers battling multiple top SEC and B1G programs

Not to mention we reeled in arguably the single biggest land in the offseason with a top 5-10 senior QB from an elite 11-1 school

We are never going to win them all, neither does any top 10-20 school.

Also when we don’t land a player it could be for a multitude of reasons, including our own priorities and preferences

Lastly, I don’t think we want the kids looking for the biggest bag. We want a kid who, sure wants a fair bag, but also sees the other benefits, like Kyle did. I am sure he could have got more money elsewhere but I am also sure we weren’t multiples away in the number he got from us. A fair, but not top, offer plus all of the other selling points will resonate with plenty of top athletes.

Your a great poster so please don’t take this the wrong way but we can’t default into our woe as me feeling just cause we are on a short losing streak, the cause of which we don’t even know (not to mention we don’t know who the likely capable replacement willl be)
I realize that we wont win them all. im just talking about the top guys. I definetly didnt mean for it to sound bad. Your right. I just wanna get some oline help that could get us to playoffs. We need some cb and some line help. It will be when we play the better teams that them small weaknesses will show up. I wish i had the funds to help us other than the small monthly payments.

Employees leverage one company against the other for the best deal. The expectation of some people that college athletes should not maximize their financial benefits is paternalistic bordering on exploitative.
That becomes a fair point when we see player contracts become public record.

I realize that we wont win them all. im just talking about the top guys. I definetly didnt mean for it to sound bad. Your right. I just wanna get some oline help that could get us to playoffs. We need some cb and some line help. It will be when we play the better teams that them small weaknesses will show up. I wish i had the funds to help us other than the small monthly payments.
I mean we did get arguably the best player at the most important position in all of sports (and a huge need of ours)

Yes we have more needs but we have time!

LGO and stay positive!

That becomes a fair point when we see player contracts become public record.
Why should they be public records? They are not employees.
Making them public would lead to all kinds of abuse by “fans”, students, and even professors. (Imagine a grizzled professor making $150k after 25 years, and an 18 year old kid in your class is making $500k NIL. )

Why should they be public records? They are not employees.
Making them public would lead to all kinds of abuse by “fans”, students, and even professors. (Imagine a grizzled professor making $150k after 25 years, and an 18 year old kid in your class is making $500k NIL. )
Then the prof is at fault for his career choice, it’s not on the kid to assuage the poor emotional state of a whiny adult who isn’t happy with his salary. These kids want to get paid like big boy adults then you have live up to it. The kids don’t get to have it both ways and that is what they seem to be advocating for. They are taking money in the name of NIL to advertise … you’re a contractor at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom