OK Cashman,you're up | Syracusefan.com

OK Cashman,you're up

CaliCuse

All American
Any real doubt in your mind about adding to the offense. I suppose a healthy Tex might be on your mind but do you think he can repeat the numbers he was approaching this season? I don't and this includes A-Rod, Beltran. Jacoby was a lost cause this year. Even Bret fadein his production. Headley? was not at all what you hoped for with his bat or glove.:bat:

Well Teixeira is made of glass, if I was Cashman I'd do all I can to end that contract. What's he have left, 1 year? I don't think there's much that can be done about Arod, who actually was having a great year until August. The problem with the Yankees is that too many of the players are old and when the all star break hits the old people start to break down. They were killing it until the end of July. I'm amazed they made it into the wild card.

I've got to get to the stadium next year - I haven't been since the year Mo retired.

Teixeira: signed through 2016
Beltran: signed through 2016
ARod: signed through 2017
Headley: signed through 2018
Gardner: signed through 2019
Ellsbury: signed through 2020

But we're finished with Stephen Drew.

It's honestly an accomplishment they made it to tonight, at the start of the season not many could plan that.

But, after watching this year who couldn't predict how this game went?

My kingdom for a guy who can hit over .270 and stay healthy, and I'll give away the wives and the horses for some pitchers who can lock it down and likewise stay strong through the entire season. What I really want are a few .300 plus hitters (whatever happened to those guys)?

My kingdom for a guy who can hit over .270 and stay healthy, and I'll give away the wives and the horses for some pitchers who can lock it down and likewise stay strong through the entire season. What I really want are a few .300 plus hitters (whatever happened to those guys)?
they're still paying too much money for bad contracts, they aren't going to go out and spend for those hitters until they can unload some of the current guys. This is Hal's Yankees, not George's Yankees.

Well Teixeira is made of glass, if I was Cashman I'd do all I can to end that contract. What's he have left, 1 year? I don't think there's much that can be done about Arod, who actually was having a great year until August. The problem with the Yankees is that too many of the players are old and when the all star break hits the old people start to break down. They were killing it until the end of July.
Tex is brittle but Cash can't get rid of him with his contract fully attached to him. LA might be able to afford him.ARod is even worse at 41next year and a ridiculous contract that he has. If the Yankee corporation has the capital to sign one of the top FAsto cover them until the contracts run out onCC and Carlos. If there were two or three DH players allowed the Yankees could be covered and allow for That position's fielding would be vastly improved. Its all on the table now for Cashman who should have all of his off season lined up by now If he thought this team was going to wake up and find their bats; he is crazy.

My Yankee wish list this offseason.

Sign Yoenis Cespedes gives us that right handed threat in the middle of the order, sign Jordan Zimmerman need another legit starting pitcher won't cost as much as David Price. Trade for Brandon Phillips need a Second Basemen. But give up nothing for him.

Sign Yoenis Cespedes gives us that right handed threat in the middle of the order, sign Jordan Zimmerman need another legit starting pitcher won't cost as much as David Price. Trade for Brandon Phillips need a Second Basemen. But give up nothing for him.

Agreed. I do like the farm system that we've been building over the last few years. We were stuck with veterans and paying too much for 1 and doners (as in 1 year of potentially great hitting or pitching and then getting hurt or losing some ability). The young players we started this year are going to be great and we have a few others who can play the positions you mention. It might take a couple of years, though, since we overpaid and gave extra long contracts to the veterans.

Signing Cespedes could be expensive. Give Aaron Judge a shot before increasing the payroll even more to inhibit transactions. The idea that the Yankees play in NY and their $ is unlimited is high class BS. Judge has earned quality look with the active roster has much or more that the other rookies theater playing with confidence in the majors without fear that a bad day won't get them sent down to the farm again.

Five things GM Brian Cashman needs to do for Yankees to take next step in 2016 (NYDN)

The Yankees returned to the postseason for the first time since 2012, but their stay lasted only one day as the Astros ousted them in the wild card game Tuesday night.

At first glance, there isn't much for Brian Cashman to do with his roster this winter. Every position other than second base is accounted for, while the starting rotation has seven returning arms. Chris Young, Chris Capuano and Stephen Drew represent the Yankees' entire free-agent class.

So how do the Yankees take the next step in 2016? Here are five ideas...

I agree with 2 and 3. Cashman definitely needs to say no to David Price and keep Bird. Not sure what he can do about 2nd base