ok.. so we improved the room | Syracusefan.com

ok.. so we improved the room

upperdeck

Living Legend
QB if McCord comes
RB Allen stays and the Fr come in, lose Ike.
WR all over the place
TE if we hold onto the Ga kid and Gasden stays

all nice if we improved the Oline.

Need some more pieces on D.

shirt-1524479286-6a2ec8340771994789b8758e899442eb.png

D line has some needs as well, i think we get that addressed in the portal for sure, but until we got actual commits, we need some quality upgrades on the D line.

If the D is not worried about the WRs they attack the oline. Giving safeties something to deal with helps the oline. Being able to run 2 TE sets helps the oline.

But the best thing is the oline to help themselves.
And having 2 RB sets at times is going to give defenses fits.

I’d love to shore up our OL but consider the fact that we had no weapons on the outside last year so teams could just stack the box and blitz. They are going to have to respect the WRs we’ve added (and if OG comes back) which will open up the run and give our QB more time.

QB if McCord comes
WR all over the place

In the OL, we lose Bleich, which is significant. Probably was our best OL last season.

But we add Wohlabaigh, More, and Ellis, who all were essentially non contributors in 2023.

That is a significant bump.

I think it is safe to say Joe Cruz emerged as a legit player late in tie season. He should only get better.

Batting another remarkable series of injuries like we had in 2023, the line should take a step forward in 2024.

The RBs should be significantly better. Allen will be stronger and he has legit backups that will allow him to stay fresh more than he could in 2023.

The WR room should be vastly better.

The TE room should be vastly better.

Our QB play should be vastly better, assuming Kyle stays healthier than Garrett did. Good bet given how much we will run with McCord.

I expect the offense to make a significant jump. If we add a stud OL or two, even better.

I’d love to shore up our OL but consider the fact that we had no weapons on the outside last year so teams could just stack the box and blitz. They are going to have to respect the WRs we’ve added (and if OG comes back) which will open up the run and give our QB more time.
It was certainly a both issue. There were times it was a jailbreak without extra guys rushing and it wouldn't have mattered how fast WRs got open. There were other times the oline pass protected and the WRs weren't getting open. And there were other times a play was there to be made and the QB couldn't make the throw.

An upgrade in S&C will also be huge. These guys being stronger/less injury prone will go a long way toward knowing what we really have.

QB if McCord comes
WR all over the place

Understatement of the week

As far as the OL, there are almost 125 OL in the portal that Crystal Ball site lists and there will be a lot more after spring practices. Remember, our best returning OL, Wohlabaugh, transferred in May. Fran is no dope he will do what is needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom