OK - Who has attended an LSU home game? | Syracusefan.com

OK - Who has attended an LSU home game?

bump
I have attended many. One of best college gameday atmospheres i have ever been to. They primarily play night games so it turns into an all day affair - the earliest I started tailgating there was 10:00am and there were people already starting. The crowd is really into the game and loud, heck they have registeredon the Richter scale before.

Fans are very good to opposing teams, unless you are SEC, especially Ole Miss and Auburn.

Will go back there in a heartbeat.

It is awe inspiring. Some of the best fans you will meet. If you are an imbiber, bring your A+ game. These peeps will shame you.

Went to an Ole Miss - LSU game two years ago. Awesome experience...a true college football experience from the tailgates to the game. If you can go, go.

I'll let you know in 2017. Can't wait for this road trip. Fly into NO. Spend a day or two there. Drive to Baton Rogue. Game's hopefully at night. Win or lose it will be an experience like no other!

i have not been to a game, but I have worked in baton rouge. the football stadium is the biggest building in the city. I mean it is impressive, like see it from a damn long ways away. I love Louisiana, and by that I mean I love the people. I couldn't make the Tulane game a few years ago but I will do anything I can for this one, I liked baton rouge a lot more than new Orleans.

Bucket list game for me...I can not wait for this game. Great recruiting tool as well for players and fans.

Driven through BR many times...never taken in a game. Be warned: our early season game in BR (if not at night time) will turn all you Northern Folks into burnt critters. Serious heat and humidity. Yes the Dome gets unbearably hot in early September but it is nothing compared to if you are on the sunny side of a stadium in the Deep South on a 95 degree day.

There is tailgating and then there is SEC Style Tailgating and LSU is on the far right side of the Bell Curve for Tailgating. Our tailgate scene is Pre-K and theirs is PHD worthy.

That said: I will be driving over for the game cheering for the Orange. We will introduce our Tiger Friends to northern Hofmann Coneys.

Last edited:
I have lived in Baton Rouge for almost 31 years, graduated from LSU Law School and have been to many LSU games (though not an LSU fan).

The tailgating is awesome, the atmosphere will be great and the crowd very loud.

You may run into a few goons who will "Tiger Bait" you for a while, but most folks are very friendly.

I'm thinking about making a trip out of this, for sure.

My wife has been surprisingly amenable to the idea of me travelling to a game a year as of last season's Maryland game. I'm sure she's got some equivalent plan in mind for herself that she'll pitch to me.

I have lived in Baton Rouge for almost 31 years, graduated from LSU Law School and have been to many LSU games (though not an LSU fan).

The tailgating is awesome, the atmosphere will be great and the crowd very loud.

You may run into a few goons who will "Tiger Bait" you for a while, but most folks are very friendly.

So Terry...goes without saying...expect a few drunk guys to be visiting you in '17. You mind if we set up our canopy in your front yard? I have you marked down on the ticket list already :D

I have. Saw an LSU/Florida night game there probably 15 years ago. Was one of the wildest days of my life.

Got picked up by a group of rabid LSU fans in an RV the morning of the game, each member of the group was handed a bottle of Jack Daniels engraved with their name on it. The owner of the RV expected you to pound it, without help from anyone else before we entered the stadium for kickoff. Didn't finish mine, and the driver slept through the first half of the game on the RV.

Tailgating is superb. Lots of great food to try, and the fans are great. Makes PSU look small-time in terms of atmosphere, IMO...Would highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom