Okay, since we have already gone in this direction, is the program | Syracusefan.com

Okay, since we have already gone in this direction, is the program

dasher

Living Legend
better off that we didn't get Green and Tucker? I think we are. Carey is almost a wash recruiting numbers wise with green and Green played more like a 2 than a 1 this year. And a small 2 at that. And if we got Tucker, do we get Bazley? And does MD come and if he does, does he play?

better off that we didn't get Green and Tucker? I think we are. Carey is almost a wash recruiting numbers wise with green and Green played more like a 2 than a 1 this year. And a small 2 at that. And if we got Tucker, do we get Bazley? And does MD come and if he does, does he play?

I agree that we are likely better off without both, not least because neither of them truly WANTED to be here.

If it's two seasons of Green vs one season of Carey and one partial of H. Washington, no. I think Greene as sophomore will be first team SEC. Tucker was a weird duck anyway, as far as recruiting. He was the epitome of a last second hail mary because of coaching changes.

I would probably taken both of those guys on this years team over what we had. I think you field the best team and those guys make us better.

I would probably taken both of those guys on this years team over what we had. I think you field the best team and those guys make us better.
how do you know Tucker would have made us better?

Well it is certainly speculative, but he was being recruited because of his shooting ability. something we struggled mightily with. If he can shoot at a decent rate from three it changes the way teams have to defend and opens things up. Also i think simply allowing Battle some time to rest can improve his efficiency in the game.

I suppose on top of all of that if we had 1 other scholarship player who had some skills it makes us better.

Well it is certainly speculative, but he was being recruited because of his shooting ability. something we struggled mightily with. If he can shoot at a decent rate from three it changes the way teams have to defend and opens things up. Also i think simply allowing Battle some time to rest can improve his efficiency in the game.

I suppose on top of all of that if we had 1 other scholarship player who had some skills it makes us better.
Do we get Bazley if we have Tucker and OB coming back next year? I'm looking bigger picture. Obviously it wouldn't hurt to have two more guys on this years team. But would we be better off long term is the real question. Is Carey a better fit than Green? Who is a talented player.

People assume he was the outside shooter this team needed, but...

... people once thought that about Mookie too.
Who was a 5* recruit in HS, better than Tucker was

Tucker couldn't get garbage minutes @ Duke, but he would have made us better somehow??
I think we're better off w/ Braeden Bayer.

Not sure about Tucker but Green didn't impress me at all this season and I think he may have negatively effected the great chemistry this 2018 SU team had.

People assume he was the outside shooter this team needed, but...

... people once thought that about Mookie too.
Who was a 5* recruit in HS, better than Tucker was

Mookie was a 4 star, along with Kris Jo and Southerland.

Never seen Tucker play so cannot speak to him.

I'd gladly take Quade Green.

I'll pass on Green. We've seen what happens to our defense with diminutive point guards in Flynn and Gillon.

You aren't getting off that easy. What if it cost you Carey?

In my world it costs Howard Washington. This stuff is so transient now, good players will go to programs with good players there.

Might be better off long term with HoWo. What did people say about Hakim Warrick vs Julius Hodge in the spring of 02. I would imagine people would rather have had Hodge.

I am also on the Howard Washington for 4-5 years is better than Quade for 1-2 years bandwagon. Watching him play, QG would be small up top of the zone and if I have that, I want a Flynn type playmaker on offense and I don't think Quade will ever get there in college. I'm probably more bullish than most on junior/senior Washington and he won't ever scare any other recruit off.

Tucker is the type of guy who comes around every year and is a dime a dozen type, which is why K had the talk with him after like 6 hours at Duke and ended up at Butler. In a normal year, I don't think people would have cared that much about losing him, but with the Quade thing, sanctions, Hop leaving, coming off an NIT, it felt like the sky was falling for some. If it was an either/or with him and Dolezaj, we dodged a major bullet. He also would have been recruited over by Boeheim, with Boeheim. Guessing he would have been transferring from here as well had we landed him.

More than happy with how everything has turned out. Give me Carey and Marek , Washington over Tucker Green. I highly doubt Jalens here with Quade around.

Hard to know obviously but I’m in agreement here.

We have no way of knowing if Tucker would have been better than Dolezaj. Dolezaj could very well end up being better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom