Class of 2015 - OL Chandler Jones ..GA) Verballed to Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Chandler Jones ..GA) Verballed to Louisville

chandlerJones‏@CJ72_TSP 2h
TURNT Mississippi state just Offered

LOL. Not so fast Louisville.

chandlerJones ‏@CJ72_TSP 32m
Decided that I will not be announcing my decesion today still need some more time

From his earlier comments, he seemed like a slam dunk for the 'ville, so I would say that it is at least a glimmer of hope, unless he just got another offer that intrigues him.

Antiprodigy said:
From his earlier comments, he seemed like a slam dunk for the 'ville, so I would say that it is at least a glimmer of hope, unless he just got another offer that intrigues him.

Miss State offered yesterday, I think.

haha he pulled back because of the miss st offer. More offers he gets, the less he may think about us. Still think he should take his officials and I am confident the cuse will be one of them. From there, anything is possible

maybe Petrino pulls his offer after this...Nothing surprises me with his ego

I said it before and I'll say it again ... he is going to get more offers ... and I don't see him coming to the Cuse unless something drastic happens, he may visit but not looking like we will land this one.

I said it before and I'll say it again ... he is going to get more offers ... and I don't see him coming to the Cuse unless something drastic happens, he may visit but not looking like we will land this one.

that's too bad. he's a good looking prospect and had some really good things to say about Syracuse after we offered.

does it have to do with us, or does he want to play in the SEC?

that's too bad. he's a good looking prospect and had some really good things to say about Syracuse after we offered.

does it have to do with us, or does he want to play in the SEC?

Most kids here dream of SEC schools ... unfortunately that is what we are up against.

Most kids here dream of SEC schools ... unfortunately that is what we are up against.

But it isn't just us competing against those programs. I was reading an article, that I can't post here, about FSUs recruiting strategy this year. It basically discusses how FSU, the National Champion FSU, decided this year to recruit hard against schools like Bama, Auburn, OSU, Texas, etc. The schools that normally get the blue-chip recruits every year. So are they getting these recruits...no. In the past week many of their top prospects have committed to those aforementioned schools. It's still all about the certain programs to some kids even if you are offered by the National Champion.

But it isn't just us competing against those programs. I was reading an article, that I can't post here, about FSUs recruiting strategy this year. It basically discusses how FSU, the National Champion FSU, decided this year to recruit hard against schools like Bama, Auburn, OSU, Texas, etc. The schools that normally get the blue-chip recruits every year. So are they getting these recruits...no. In the past week many of their top prospects have committed to those aforementioned schools. It's still all about the certain programs to some kids even if you are offered by the National Champion.

Look some of that is true however I live in GA ... there is one major SEC school and 1 ACC school ... in Florida there are two ACC and one SEC program ... in TN there are two SEC programs in SC 1 of each ... two SEC teams in Bama, the fact is I see more SEC fans than ACC fans without question ... I see more LSU placards and gear then I do any ACC school sans GT ... now that might be reflective of the area I live in but based on what I've seen SEC fans outnumber ACC fans nearly 2 to 1 and I'm only about 1.5 hours from Clemson and a half an hour from Athens GA.

Look some of that is true however I live in GA ... there is one major SEC school and 1 ACC school ... in Florida there are two ACC and one SEC program ... in TN there are two SEC programs in SC 1 of each ... two SEC teams in Bama, the fact is I see more SEC fans than ACC fans without question ... I see more LSU placards and gear then I do any ACC school sans GT ... now that might be reflective of the area I live in but based on what I've seen SEC fans outnumber ACC fans nearly 2 to 1 and I'm only about 1.5 hours from Clemson and a half an hour from Athens GA.

I understand.. it is like the kids here in N. Carolina. All you see is ACC all day long. But for most of them that means the four N. Carolina schools.
I was just saying that the perception of many of these kids, even when recruited by the National Champion, is that an SEC school is the better choice.

That's why other teams besides Florida St, Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Notre Dame need to win their Bowl Games. The perception is outside of Florida St, the ACC has a few good teams, but a lot of bad teams. As a league we need to win the large percentage of our bowl games on a yearly basis.

Jones was very interested in Louisville after his visit there but I read this morning that Petrino is recruiting a 2015 OL JUCO and it is between them and Georgia. He already has commits from a couple 2014 JUCOs so I am wondering if he is going to go the K State route.

Jones was very interested in Louisville after his visit there but I read this morning that Petrino is recruiting a 2015 OL JUCO and it is between them and Georgia. He already has commits from a couple 2014 JUCOs so I am wondering if he is going to go the K State route.

Our biggest threat will be SEC schools ... however Jones is disappointed that he doesn't have more offers early on at this point. Might end up being another chip on the shoulder kid we have a shot with ... a la Johnathan Thomas last year. This kid is good.

At the moment, yes, but I expect the whole dynamics to change soon. SEC teams will have no choice but to travel to schools that can play with them, and they will be exposed with a much tougher schedule down the road. I like where the ACC stands right now and if we can start being a contender in our own division, pull some upsets on FSU and Clemson down the road, like we did in the old Big East when we starting beating Miami and VT, the glory days of being a top 25 team will come back, and so will the recruits. NJ is key IMO, and ripe for us to take back some of this state. It already looks like we have a strong committment going after kids in that state, more so than in recent years. We'll always be a blue color type team, but get the right QB in place and we could make a run...on the field and in recruiting.

At the moment, yes, but I expect the whole dynamics to change soon. SEC teams will have no choice but to travel to schools that can play with them, and they will be exposed with a much tougher schedule down the road. I like where the ACC stands right now and if we can start being a contender in our own division, pull some upsets on FSU and Clemson down the road, like we did in the old Big East when we starting beating Miami and VT, the glory days of being a top 25 team will come back, and so will the recruits. NJ is key IMO, and ripe for us to take back some of this state. It already looks like we have a strong committment going after kids in that state, more so than in recent years. We'll always be a blue color type team, but get the right QB in place and we could make a run...on the field and in recruiting.

At the moment? Its been like that for a lot longer than a moment ... look at the bowl history for the SEC vs OOC opponents ... they are a dominant conference and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

YUNG C.RICO‏@CJ72_TSP 14m
The time has come im ready now I will be comitting tomorow at 7pm stay tuned
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
1f4aa.png
1f4aa.png

YUNG C.RICO‏@CJ72_TSP 14m
The time has come im ready now I will be comitting tomorow at 7pm stay tuned
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
1f4aa.png
1f4aa.png
Do we have any chance? He's been an L'Ville lean for some time now, right?