Class of 2015 - OL Colin Byrne (FL) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Colin Byrne (FL) Signed LOI

Colin James Byrne ‏@Colin_Byrne77 5m5 minutes ago
Off to cuse
1f34a.png

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb.../tyrone_perkins_syracuse_football_hybrid.html

Lester added that the freshmen group got its physicals on Monday and many of the offensive players looked fit after taking on the program's off-season workout plans.

Specifically, Lester mentioned offensive lineman Colin Byrne cutting weight. All five of the linemen are in the 280-to-300 pound range, Lester said.
This could be the best OL talent that the Cuse has recruited in a long time and will be a strength in the upcoming years. Any other OL classes come to mind? Know Coach Mac had a few very good OL's.

This could be the best OL talent that the Cuse has recruited in a long time and will be a strength in the upcoming years. Any other OL classes come to mind? Know Coach Mac had a few very good OL's.

The 2009-2011 hauls were pretty good and a big reason why Marrone has some pretty solid OL's.

2009 - Pugh, Tiller, Chibane, and Andy Phillips who was a quality backup during his time here
2010 - Macky, Hickey, and Michael Hay
2011 - Trudo, Nick Robinson, Foy, and Kris Curtis who likely would have been a 3 year starter if not for the career ending injury.

The only guy who was a miss from those 3 classes was Lou Alexander, never really amounted to much.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb.../tyrone_perkins_syracuse_football_hybrid.html

Lester added that the freshmen group got its physicals on Monday and many of the offensive players looked fit after taking on the program's off-season workout plans.

Specifically, Lester mentioned offensive lineman Colin Byrne cutting weight. All five of the linemen are in the 280-to-300 pound range, Lester said.
Don't forget

Barring severe injuries, that group will have this upcoming season to redshirt and continue to prepare their bodies for the Division I trenches.

"If they're in the 280s they have the body to do it," Lester said. "I don't know if they have the strength."

The 2009-2011 hauls were pretty good and a big reason why Marrone has some pretty solid OL's.

2009 - Pugh, Tiller, Chibane, and Andy Phillips who was a quality backup during his time here
2011 - Trudo, Nick Robinson, Foy, and Kris Curtis who likely would have been a 3 year starter if not for the career ending injury.

The only guy who was a miss from those 3 classes was Lou Alexander, never really amounted to much.
Man, what could have been with Kris Curtis... I'm convinced he would be in the NFL if he didn't have that career ending injury. See a lot of the same traits in Evan Adams though, so here's hoping.

Man, what could have been with Kris Curtis... I'm convinced he would be in the NFL if he didn't have that career ending injury. See a lot of the same traits in Evan Adams though, so here's hoping.

I think Knapp would have been pretty solid too, not necessarily NFL but I feel he would have made a difference.

The hype for Alexander was through the roof, I'm told the work ethic never matched it though.

tep624 said:
The 2009-2011 hauls were pretty good and a big reason why Marrone has some pretty solid OL's. 2009 - Pugh, Tiller, Chibane, and Andy Phillips who was a quality backup during his time here 2010 - Macky, Hickey, and Michael Hay 2011 - Trudo, Nick Robinson, Foy, and Kris Curtis who likely would have been a 3 year starter if not for the career ending injury. The only guy who was a miss from those 3 classes was Lou Alexander, never really amounted to much.

That was some great recruiting right there. Not so much as in winning big recruiting battle for highly rated guys, but in evaluating talent. It's something I thought Marrone excelled at, especially from an OL standpoint. Basically every one of those guys had a good career. I think Kyle Knapp could have been one of the better ones too, and would be the starting LT heading into camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom