Class of 2023 - OL Joshua Miller (VA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/23/23) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL Joshua Miller (VA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/23/23)

Yeah that is right - they came on late. But who knows if they were recruiting him as a starter or as depth.

Wohlobaugh was a Top 50 portal interior lineman and ranked on par with what Fran is bringing in and he totally looked the part.
It’s interesting they had him ranked as an IOL, his only start at Kentucky was at LT and I believe after that he was a reserve RT.

Yeah, Dino knew we had an OL problem. Brought in Wohlbaugh, More, Reed. Unfortunately two of them were hurt most of the year.

Hopefully Fran brings in even better ones. Miller seems to fit that, at least based on offers.
Every Dino team was hurt most of the year. We had a lot of injuries under Shafer too so maybe it’s the turf or bad luck but man I hope the next S&C hires keep guys healthier.

That’s my point. Four of five starters had overall grades of 60+. The only one who didn’t was Bleich who graded out the best all year.

But anyone who watched the game knows it was the line’s worst performance of the year by a wide margin.

I think it’s tough to evaluate individuals with our blocking schemes though. Five guys have to execute as an integrated unit and if there is one week spot they all suffer trying to cover up the deficiency. Similar to a zone defense in basketball.
I’m not sure exactly how PFF works but since we couldn’t throw they loaded the box with 7-8 guys and simply out numbered us. So OL prob hit their blocks which helped PFF numbers but guys were still running free to the ball carrier which fails the eyeball test.

hog mollies

James Franco Flirt GIF

Every Dino team was hurt most of the year. We had a lot of injuries under Shafer too so maybe it’s the turf or bad luck but man I hope the next S&C hires keep guys healthier.
It was a Dino Blindspot

Edinger has been with him for so long that Dino was loyal to him as Sean was loyal to him.

He couldn't see the warts for what they were as he truly believed in Sean's philosophy and methods

I’m not sure exactly how PFF works but since we couldn’t throw they loaded the box with 7-8 guys and simply out numbered us. So OL prob hit their blocks which helped PFF numbers but guys were still running free to the ball carrier which fails the eyeball test.
Some of the PFF stuff seems odd at times but what do I know. PFF's majority owner is Chris Collingsworth fwiw.

Some of the PFF stuff seems odd at times but what do I know. PFF's majority owner is Chris Collingsworth fwiw.
Collingsworth is a smart guy and football lifer so I would trust him to create a good evaluation system.