Class of 2016 - OL Liam O'Sullivan (IL) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Liam O'Sullivan (IL) SIGNED LOI

Saw Liam play earlier in year and he has major potential. Plays on one of the best large school teams in IL.

Saw Liam play earlier in year and he has major potential. Plays on one of the best large school teams in IL.
He's definitely light right now for an OL but you can tell he's got some solid natural athleticism and a good, tall frame. Give him a redshirt year and bulk him up a bit, and he could be a very solid OT down the line.

He's definitely light right now for an OL but you can tell he's got some solid natural athleticism and a good, tall frame. Give him a redshirt year and bulk him up a bit, and he could be a very solid OT down the line.

Harvey Pennypacker came to SU as a 6-5, 230 pound OT. He played at 290 two years later. We're much better off getting athletic guys with size / lateral mobility and letting them get stronger than trying to convert fat guys into leaner OL.

Harvey Pennypacker came to SU as a 6-5, 230 pound OT. He played at 290 two years later. We're much better off getting athletic guys with size / lateral mobility and letting them get stronger than trying to convert fat guys into leaner OL.
I don't know if this means anything, but I assumed that with the Baylor style offense, no huddle, quick tempo, the O lineman would be leaner, lighter, quicker, to keep up with the pace. However, I just looked up avg. offensive line sizes, and was surprised to see that Baylor, has the 2nd biggest line in NCAA football averaging 6'6" and 328 lbs. Dino better be feeding our boys some of those freeking brontosaurus burgers if he wants to come anywhere close to that number.
Size Matters: College Football's Biggest Offensive Linemen - SportsNOLA

I don't know if this means anything, but I assumed that with the Baylor style offense, no huddle, quick tempo, the O lineman would be leaner, lighter, quicker, to keep up with the pace. However, I just looked up avg. offensive line sizes, and was surprised to see that Baylor, has the 2nd biggest line in NCAA football averaging 6'6" and 328 lbs. Dino better be feeding our boys some of those freeking brontosaurus burgers if he wants to come anywhere close to that number.
Size Matters: College Football's Biggest Offensive Linemen - SportsNOLA

I remember the bowling green lineman on the sidelines and they are anything but svelte.

Really, really, really like Liam. Great height. With packed on weight, he will be very good. I like him as a Guard in the next level. Uses his hands well, has a nice duck walk, and good flexibility.

Listen...Babers has a plan. A previous 2 time head coach. He knows who he wants in his system. Let's let him bring in those guys. If the 2 Illinois guys flip and we get the Purdue OL we will be in great (better) shape than we were before the "decommits."

Listen...Babers has a plan. A previous 2 time head coach. He knows who he wants in his system. Let's let him bring in those guys. If the 2 Illinois guys flip and we get the Purdue OL we will be in great (better) shape than we were before the "decommits."

Or the Minnesota decommit. 4* Sean Foster.

ANy track record on HC Babers grabbing JUCOs to fill voids? I assume he is tied into the CA and KS JUCOs.

ANy track record on HC Babers grabbing JUCOs to fill voids? I assume he is tied into the CA and KS JUCOs.
I believe he brought in JUCOs at Bowling Green. He's recruiting one now at least, though he hasn't been offered yet. WR mentioned on this page.

And now we know why DeGeorge was told his commit will be accepted but he may not see time on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom