Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Bam, did you catch the interview with Coach Lea in the daily updates thread? Gave some good insight what the LB room is like as well as his teaching methods. Given what you've shared here seems Shy's studious habits will fit in extremely well.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/day-...ticles-photos-video.78856/page-2#post-1107970
I hadn't seen that just watched it. When we went to syracuse for the camp and met with the coaches before we sat down and talked to coach lea. We spoke with him about his philosophies and way he interacts. But then we went to the class room and they ran like a mini class. One of the past players was there and he did some of the stuff they do in class. I think it was kind of a test to see how shy would do in that enviorment and see if he could participate in a class type setting he runs. It was interesting to see first hand what they do.

Pretty good considering the offense is brand new.

Side note, everytime someone mentions Lowell it reminds me of Micky Ward.
Lol sometime I'll tell you a story about when I used to bounce at a club called playoffs and Micky ward used to come in all the time

Lol sometime I'll tell you a story about when I used to bounce at a club called playoffs and Micky ward used to come in all the time

How long have you lived In Lowell? Seems like quite a hard-nosed place.

I grew up a couple towns away. I lived in lowell back in the 90s and then moved out and back again in 08. We always hung out here in our late teens early twentys. All the good bars were here. It's an old mill town that when manufacturing moved over seas the world moved on with out. Lot of drugs. Lot of Asian gangs. Back in the 90s it was more the Irish and then the Vietnamese moved in. Around 05 the town started doing stuff to clean it up. Moved a Red Sox affiliate in town and a minor league nhl team. They built a large venue for concerts and stuff like that. Now umass has bought almost the whole side of the city we live in and they have made the old mills into apartment office space or dorms. There is still a lot of poverty all around the build up. Most of the town is multifamily homes that everytime there is a fire in one you here about 65 people being homeless. We live on a street that's kind of an island. Mostly old people who have been here forever. Quite until about a year ago. One end of the street an Asian family moved in that has 12 kids in this 3 bedroom house. The other end this big old house was bought and made into a half way house. It s the type of place you can't walk down the street after dark two streets over. There has been a lot of shootings here the last year or two within in half a mile of us. There is this huge bus like mobil strategic police thing they park at the end of the road when it happens and keep it there for a few weeks before moving to the next site... Seems it spends half the year at the end of our road though.

Front page espn boston

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 201
I kinda feel bad for the rest of the squad even the write up is mostly about shy. No pressure on him this season lol
Hey man, that's just the way we want it. We want kids who can handle the hype, because we hope some day soon Cuse will have the hype and when we do, we need kids who can live up to it.

I've said it before, and I'm sure it will be said again, best of luck this year to Shy.

I played for Shepherd Hill, there's not a chance in hell they're the 8th best team in MA. SWCL is a joke of a league. Although the coach's son is going to BC (I'm pretty sure he's the first SH student to get a full scholarship in football) so they probably are ranked high because of that.
Yeah they had lost last year in the finals and had I think 10 kids returning. They have 1 or 2 real good kids... But I believe the qb like you said and the large amount of returning starters played more into the rank... Plus anything can change come week 1

I played for Shepherd Hill, there's not a chance in hell they're the 8th best team in MA. SWCL is a joke of a league. Although the coach's son is going to BC (I'm pretty sure he's the first SH student to get a full scholarship in football) so they probably are ranked high because of that.
holy crap. I went to Tantasqua. Haven't thought about Shepherd Hill in years. I used to freeze my ass off every Thanksgiving watching us lose to you guys. Tradition.

holy crap. I went to Tantasqua. Haven't thought about Shepherd Hill in years. I used to freeze my ass off every Thanksgiving watching us lose to you guys. Tradition.
Small world. Gotta love the SWCL. Still hated Bartlett and Northbridge far more than Tantasqua.

FWIW, as long as I have followed recruiting, I can't think of another player I'm more excited to see how he performs on the field than Shy. I feel as if I already know him and personally want him to succeed. Good luck on the upcoming season and 2015 can't get here soon enough!

FWIW, as long as I have followed recruiting, I can't think of another player I'm more excited to see how he performs on the field than Shy. I feel as if I already know him and personally want him to succeed. Good luck on the upcoming season and 2015 can't get here soon enough!
Thanks we really appreciate that. 2 preseason games left this week then 2015 is under way next Friday. This year should fly by and hopefully all will go well and he will be there on time. I really believe he will play well in the next level.

Small world. Gotta love the SWCL. Still hated Bartlett and Northbridge far more than Tantasqua.
grew up in Bellingham and played there. lived in Webster for a short time, we scrimmaged northbridge and i wasn't a big fan of theirs either

It was the Border Conference when I was there (class of '97). I never really had a problem with Shepherd Hill, other than your freakishly tall pitchers mound.

Now Southbridge...that's a different story. Southbridge.

Definitely going to stop reading this board when shy gets to school. Jeez these people are brutal. I understand they were planning on a big win there but you got the win. I have read people calling for every position every coaches head. The qb got emotional and threw a punch big deal a couple years ago it wouldn't even be a penalty... I read like 10 + people say they don't want to see the kid ever again. It was a slow start almost every team I watched this week was slow... Get a grip people give em a break

Definitely going to stop reading this board when shy gets to school. Jeez these people are brutal. I understand they were planning on a big win there but you got the win. I have read people calling for every position every coaches head. The qb got emotional and threw a punch big deal a couple years ago it wouldn't even be a penalty... I read like 10 + people say they don't want to see the kid ever again. It was a slow start almost every team I watched this week was slow... Get a grip people give em a break

Bam people are insane. It's like this all the time, always. People always over react in the moment (Hunt is a perfect example, in more ways than 1) and in 3 days, they mostly return to normal.

I definitely would recommend you stop reading the board once Shy is at SU. People will say things on a message board they would never say in public, much less to the face of the people they are tearing apart. Your sanity will require you to step back.

But please, always remember that there are people here who are decent, and want to see Shy succeed, not only at SU, but beyond. Always remember, once an SU player, he will always have a lot of people supporting him.