Class of 2016 - OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane

If we could get someone to even approach Darius-level performance, I would be ecstatic.
Yeah, I'm not saying he'll be at that level. But in terms of style of play...I could see some similarities, if we need to compare Will to someone.

Watch Darius highlights all the time to convince myself Syracuse football used to be that exciting.

A very good "source" in the program told me on Monday at the Orange Pack tourney that both Culpepper and Harper were locks to commit this week.

Expect a few more soon. :)
Not gonna lie, I expected another one today, too.

I'm hoping for a couple more next week.

A very good "source" in the program told me on Monday at the Orange Pack tourney that both Culpepper and Harper were locks to commit this week.

Expect a few more soon. :)
North or south of 2.5 commits.

North or south of 2.5 commits.
I'll just throw out my guesses on guys we get soon:

Amir Tyler
Scoop Bradshaw
Solomon Manning
Sean McKeon

And I think we're a lock to get Devon Clarke, whenever he decides to make it official.

Manning is the one I'm least confident about. McKeon is second on the list. I'm 95% sure we get the other three.

I like the fact that Harper had offers from 3 military academies, says a lot about his character. Looking forward to seeing him in Orange!

If he turns out to be Shamarko part 2, I'm ecstatic. If he approaches Darius levels, I'm more than ecstatic. We've had such a void at SS since Shamarko graduated. Darius Kelly was respectable, but not at that level.

TexanMark's streak is alive - every time he calls something good happens! Called me on Wednesday and we get another commit on Friday.

So Will Harper is a player from down south w/ no other P5 offers, a hilite tape that shows him wrecking dudes all over the field and the Cuse sniffed him out early enough to get a committ.

Does anyone else get a Steven Clark vibe from this kid?

Last edited:
BKCuse said:
So Will Harper is a player from down south w/ no other P5 offers, a hilite tape that shows him wrecking dudes all over the field and the Cuss sniffed him out early enough to get a committ. Does anyone else get a Steven Clark vibe from this kid?

More like Mohammed Barry last year. We were first to offer before he blew up. Same type of player. Under sized LB/SS hybrid that blows people up.

he has a 6'2" 290lb. Nose guard as a teammate that runs a reported 4.42 shuttle......

Congrats on becoming ORANGE Will!

Watched his tape and others are right he looks like an okie LB/SS hybrid heck hes lined up there almost every down of his tape. What I really like besides the big hits is his surgical elusiveness when it comes to shedding potential blockers and getting to the ball carrier. If he can be a future consitent answer to blowing up outside running and bubble screen plays, the way he does frequently in his tape, he could be a great weapon against some of the spread offenses we see in the ACC.

I Like the potential of this commit very much.

His film reminds me a bit of Ryan Gillum. I know Ryan didn't have the best career here due to injuries, but IMO he could have been very impactful in the right role.

bcubs9497 said:
Will Harper hits a helluva lot harder than 6' and 190 pounds. Will take "sleeper" recruits like this any day.

This staff is so solid on unearthing talent. Love this kid.

Shamarko's HS highlights for those interested.

Of all the videos of Shamarko to show... Still got a chuckle out of it...

Have heard so many great stories about him, one of my all time favorites.

TexanMark's streak is alive - every time he calls something good happens! Called me on Wednesday and we get another commit on Friday.
Texan mark should our you on speed dial if we get kids like this