On another note, Duke | Syracusefan.com

On another note, Duke

grepal

Starter
Is really hemorrhaging players. Cooper Flagg better be Michale Jordan, Carmelo Anthony and a college Lew Alcindor rolled into one body.

It has been a long time since an all or almost all freshman team won the tourney, I wonder if all the defections mean they have more nil to pay or to keep the incoming players they had to promise more money.

It has been a long time since an all or almost all freshman team won the tourney, I wonder if all the defections mean they have more nil to pay or to keep the incoming players they had to promise more money.
If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, Duke even though they have a boat load of money at their disposal, even they have a budget.

If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, Duke even though they have a boat load of money at their disposal, even they have a budget.
Scheyer played 6.5 guys this year. With Maliq and a 6 man class on the way I’m sure they all knew they were riding the pine again. There’s another rumor they are going after the wing shooter from Purdue Mason Gillis so there may even be less time available. The guys who don’t play this year for the will transfer next year and the cycle will repeat itself.

I'm always surprised so many top high school players commit to Duke each year. Just looking at the number of highly rated players going to Duke they have to know several of them will not get significant playing time.

My theory is those players either are either so self confident that they believe that they will play over the other freshman and returning players or they like being able say they will be playing at Duke and they realize they will likely need to transfer in the future to get significant playing time.

I'm always surprised so many top high school players commit to Duke each year. Just looking at the number of highly rated players going to Duke they have to know several of them will not get significant playing time.

My theory is those players either are either so self confident that they believe that they will play over the other freshman and returning players or they like being able say they will be playing at Duke and they realize they will likely need to transfer in the future to get significant playing time.
If you have been just a great player all of your life, and Duke comes calling telling you they love, love, love and the Cameron crazies are going to love you, you buy in to that.

If you have been just a great player all of your life, and Duke comes calling telling you they love, love, love and the Cameron crazies are going to love you, you buy in to that.

Yeah, happens in all sport at all levels. Then reality sets in for many (this isn't passing judgement on MB).

They are betting Flagg is generational. I'm betting he's great, the other Frosh...we shall see.

Flagg is getting the royal treatment and rightly so. Duke's first game is against Maine, Flagg's home state. His mother is being brought in for the game as well.

They have 6 top 50 players coming in next year along with likely our best player. Let me repeat 6 top 50 freshmen. They will be fine and we will still hate them.
Big Pharma money is next level funding,

Wish we had some room for Duke’s Sean Stewart who went to the portal. A number of Duke fans thought he should have played more this past season. I thought I’d look him up and saw that his 40 minute stats are good for the limited time he played with the exception of free throw%. He looks like he’d be a strong rebounder. He was 4 star recruit 6’9” and 227 pound power forward. They did play him in 33 games including the NCAA’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom