On purpose or not? | Syracusefan.com

On purpose or not?

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
This happened in the Mountain West championship last night. I admit my mom went to Wyoming so I was cheering hard for them and I am biased. I like to give guys the benefit of the doubt but this looks like he hit the Wyoming QB on purpose in the groin to me. My dad disagrees. I get trying to stick your arm out to stop the fall, but he seems to do it with an awful lot of force.

Watch: San Diego State's Noble Hall sneaks punch to opponent's groin

My Wyoming friend thinks it was on purpose as well. Imo he was falling and didn't go out of the way to try and avoid it.

This happened in the Mountain West championship last night. I admit my mom went to Wyoming so I was cheering hard for them and I am biased. I like to give guys the benefit of the doubt but this looks like he hit the Wyoming QB on purpose in the groin to me. My dad disagrees. I get trying to stick your arm out to stop the fall, but he seems to do it with an awful lot of force.

Without question a deliberate pouch-punch! You don't brace your fall with a closed fist.

Conference needs to step in and do something on this one if the university doesn't.

Lol, definitely on purpose. Stuff like this has always happened, I'd wager much more frequently prior to cameras getting so good.

As a RB, piles were always the worst, you'd always be on the bottom. Spitting, punching, eye pokes, scratching, twisting ankles, groin shots... it all went down.

Definitely on purpose, even if it was an accident, he was still reckless for no reason. Celebration does not give you an excuse to injure someone.

I think he tried a riley dixon fake punch but accidentally landed it. Thats what i think.

Dude should be out for 6 games.

You guys are nuts, lol, bad analogy. if you hand out big suspensions for something like this, you'll see every team in the country losing a guy a week for similar infractions.

Terrel Hunt got 1 game for punching someone in the face.

Without question a deliberate pouch-punch! You don't brace your fall with a closed fist.
Looked open hand to me and accidental.

You guys are nuts, lol, bad analogy. if you hand out big suspensions for something like this, you'll see every team in the country losing a guy a week for similar infractions.

Terrel Hunt got 1 game for punching someone in the face.[/QUO

He didn't really get a one game suspension...he was disqualified for the remainder of the game.

But still, punching someone in the face who is wearing a helmet no less, isn't nearly as repulsive (to me anyways) as punching a defenseless player in the sack.

Lol, I get it... But this stuff happens constantly... Seriously, so much stuff happens away from the ball that never gets seen or flagged. Half the time we're on the sidelines and never realize something happens until a player points it out in film on Sunday.

Yes repulsive, but, you can't ask a guy to be a maniacal savage for 7 seconds and then turn it off in between whistles. It's human nature. It was never in my nature to play dirty. But different strokes for different folks.

And I'm not justifying judo chops to the manhood, just saying you can't catch and penalize all of the infractions.

O ya, no accident about that, that guy should be given a lengthy suspension.

Lol, I get it... But this stuff happens constantly... Seriously, so much stuff happens away from the ball that never gets seen or flagged. Half the time we're on the sidelines and never realize something happens until a player points it out in film on Sunday.

Yes repulsive, but, you can't ask a guy to be a maniacal savage for 7 seconds and then turn it off in between whistles. It's human nature. It was never in my nature to play dirty. But different strokes for different folks.

And I'm not justifying judo chops to the manhood, just saying you can't catch and penalize all of the infractions.
I get and appreciate your point. This "infraction", however, happened right in front of the ref...and he saw nothing?

Are you for a "giving him the business" 15 yarder or an outright DQ?

Are you for a "giving him the business" 15 yarder or an outright DQ?
LOL...what was that ref's name? He was hysterical.

Throwing a punch is throwing a punch which leads to a DQ. Let the league or conference figure out intent.

Terrel Hunt got 1 game for punching someone in the face.
For about 2 weeks. Then it would stop.