on to the preakness | Syracusefan.com

on to the preakness

upperdeck

Living Legend
if you honestly play the race its a simple race to bet

nyquist-exagg/all/all not sure there is any value in playing that for $112 but good chance you dont lose money

i'm thinking 1 of the 2 does not come in 2nd so im playing a bit crazy

3 horses /5 horses/6 horses/6 horses/ just have to decide who to throw in as my other number 1.

heart says just key nyquist and take 6 underneath but head is always looking for money and anyone else winning means a big payday and hate to not have at least 1 shot at that.

i will play around with some small supers with both favs not winning so if it happens there is a shot at a 20K type super.

3,5 / 3,4,5,7,11/ 3,4,5,7,11

I think awesome speed is going to clip the board here

yea. hit the $1 trifecta. $73.10. had $10 (cheap) in bets so $63.10 profit. lets eat.

I said to take cherry wine.. great finish to get 2nd. turned out just as i expected.

could have been a really nice if the 1 could have gotten all the way up for first but ExAgg was too good.

the 11 nipping nyquest would also have been nice but i will take it.

had the 6 in the 4th spot as well if nyquist and tanked a bit more that would have been a crazy Super 10-20K with him off the board..

$7 ex, triple , and the super. a nice grand..

I said to take cherry wine.. great finish to get 2nd. turned out just as i expected.

could have been a really nice if the 1 could have gotten all the way up for first but ExAgg was too good.

the 11 nipping nyquest would also have been nice but i will take it.

had the 6 in the 4th spot as well if nyquist and tanked a bit more that would have been a crazy Super 10-20K with him off the board..

$7 ex, triple , and the super. a nice grand..

Was a great race. Nyquist as game as they come, early fractions were brutal and exaggerator is just too tough in the slop. Going to make for an interesting Belmont, just gives to show how tough it is to win TC. I love that all 3 horses are going to Belmont. I hit the pick 3 and 4. Cherry Wine getting up for 2nd cost me for sure.

Onto Big Sandy. The 3 days at Belmont that Thursday - Saturday has a great card.

Anyone in CNY should know that you always bet the 3-1-5 tri box.

I've trifecta'd both legs so far.

I'd love to say it's because I'm really smart, but I'm pretty sure it has never happened before.

Anyone in CNY should know that you always bet the 3-1-5 tri box.

I've trifecta'd both legs so far.

I'd love to say it's because I'm really smart, but I'm pretty sure it has never happened before.

Yeah the 3,5/3,5/ 1, 11 tri wheel will haunt me for a while. Had Exaggerator on the win bet and like I said the pick 3 and pick 4, would have been a huge day of I hit the exacta and tri. I watched the race several times and I think the jock on Nyquist went out too fast chasing the horses on the lead, questionable ride at best. And Desormeaux on Exaggerator showed that when his head is on sober that he is one of the best of all time. Masterful ride on the winner.

no idea what Nyquest was thinking. I heard several talks that the rail was awful but the 5 seemed fine there for that trip. had nyquest sat back 2-3 lengths it may have been a different race at the end. Cherry Wine is a one move horse and really closed well but even his jockey said he needed to wait to make that move and it was too lost to catch the 5. next race will be interesting. several tired horses and several decent rested ones.

nyquist not running belmont

no idea what Nyquest was thinking. I heard several talks that the rail was awful but the 5 seemed fine there for that trip. had nyquest sat back 2-3 lengths it may have been a different race at the end. Cherry Wine is a one move horse and really closed well but even his jockey said he needed to wait to make that move and it was too lost to catch the 5. next race will be interesting. several tired horses and several decent rested ones.

Agreed, funny that Kent D took Exaggerator over to the rail during his warm up and figured the rail was as good as any spot. He knows the track well. Mario G isn't in the same class as many of the top jocks either. He should of grabbed hold early, IMO. He rode two other races for O'Neil over the Friday Saturday time frame and was bad there as well.

Cherry Wine will be a big pick in the Belmont. My Man Sam and Destin as well because of the 1-1/2 mile distance. Pletcher could come with 3-4 horses. Roman's is running Brody's Cause as well.

nyquist not running belmont

Yeah, sounded like things were trending that way. I am sure they wanted to run him winning the Belmont at a 1-1/2 miles is a big feather in the cap for these type horses when they go on to stallion careers

Obviously we'll need to see the whole field, but I'm thinking most of my bets will key around Destin

Obviously we'll need to see the whole field, but I'm thinking most of my bets will key around Destin

Kind of like when Palace Malice won it 3 years ago. Never forget watching him in the KY Derby when Pletcher decided to use blinkers first time with him... He ran off and that was it

Heartbreaking. Had giant bets in destin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom