Once Maryland leaves ACC | Syracusefan.com

Once Maryland leaves ACC

We will be the only conference school with a NC in BOTH football and hoop. :) Just sayin.
I love factoids like this.

We will be the only conference school with a NC in BOTH football and hoop. :) Just sayin.

FSU has 2 NC's in football and a runner-up finish to UCLA during their Wooden stretch. Do we get anything for that? Didn't think so but never hurts to ask. ;)

FSU has 2 NC's in football and a runner-up finish to UCLA during their Wooden stretch. Do we get anything for that? Didn't think so but never hurts to ask. ;)

You should. UCLA during that stretch makes the UK booster network and Calipari look like saintly beings. Yeah, Lew Alcindor received no added benefits. Neither did Walton. :rolleyes:

Sure you do but let us have some bragging rights. Oh wait we are just yanks to y'all. My bad, rain on our parade.

Add Lacrosse.

You know since that fact is where Maryland and Syracuse are indeed unparallelled peers.

You should. UCLA during that stretch makes the UK booster network and Calipari look like saintly beings. Yeah, Lew Alcindor received no added benefits. Neither did Walton. :rolleyes:

Oh, almost forgot! It's a fact that some members of the UCLA basketball team were hired to don the Sleestak costumes for the now legendary Land of the Lost series. Sid and Marty Kroftt wanted really tall actors to play those non-speaking roles but soon realized there aren't many 6-8 actors in Hollywood. So enter UCLA basketball.

I'm sure that wasn't an NCAA violation at all. Playing in a 40-and-over recreation league is a far worse offense. :eek::rolleyes:

Add in SU's Helms Foundation championships from the 20s and we Are looking pretty good.

I don't think you'll get any argument to the fact that FSU has a very distinguished list of athletic accomplishments.

Including producing one of my all time favorite basketballers, Dave Cowens.

Add Lacrosse.

You know since that fact is where Maryland and Syracuse are indeed unparallelled peers.

It's been 39 years since MD won a lax title. Let's wait until they win another before we put them on our level. ;-)

Add in SU's Helms Foundation championships from the 20s and we Are looking pretty good.

If you add Helms championships in basketball, Pitt has multiple MNCs in both sports.

...and a NC in
On top of that, we will still be the only Board in the country obsessing needlessly over Rutgers.

Respectfully disagree. Next year, every B1G Eastern Division team will start obsessing over Rutgers. Each will wonder what they did to deserve playing in the largest cesspool on earth and why they have to give them a share of the TV deal, too! So, we got that in common with Maryland, too.

Sure you do but let us have some bragging rights. Oh wait we are just yanks to y'all. My bad, rain on our parade.

We have far more "Yanks" living in Florida than several northeastern states. Nothing noteworthy about it to most of us; though I don't quite understand the hot dog fascination.?.?.?.

We have far more "Yanks" living in Florida than several northeastern states. Nothing noteworthy about it to most of us; though I don't quite understand the hot dog fascination.?.?.?.
Well my wife is from Georgia so...maybe they are different folk. I'll take your hot dog remark and raise it with boiled peanuts.

Well my wife is from Georgia so...maybe they are different folk. I'll take your hot dog remark and raise it with boiled peanuts.
Oh and how about them grits, yuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom