One reason I am skeptical of the tape... | Syracusefan.com

One reason I am skeptical of the tape...

liljoe

Scout Team
And I will first state that maybe I have my head completely buried in the sand. I don't know, but my gut just senses something much different is going on here.

Listened to the tape portions played on ESPN. There isn't one cut from that tape that, if you weren't told it was about sexual molestation, you would think it's a discussion about molestation. Some gay stuff, maybe... But molestation, no.

Every new twist this story take seems like a step further and further into the surreal, nothing has brought any clarity to the issue...

I thought the exact same thing.

Laurie having sex with him is a bombshell and that side of the story really needs to be looked into

And I will first state that maybe I have my head completely buried in the sand. I don't know, but my gut just senses something much different is going on here.

Listened to the tape portions played on ESPN. There isn't one cut from that tape that, if you weren't told it was about sexual molestation, you would think it's a discussion about molestation. Some gay stuff, maybe... But molestation, no.

Every new twist this story take seems like a step further and further into the surreal, nothing has brought any clarity to the issue...

The only thing that can spin that tape is the machine that's playing it.

Dont tell me this board is gonna spin this to be pro-Bernie somehow now... "We're still not 100% sure."

Can't spin it for Bernie, but no one else comes off as an angel either.

You're more in denial than Bernie was.
Face it, we trusted and we defended when we thought there was a chance.
No f-in way am I going to fall into that trap again.

No way dude. She says "You were just a kid" etc. Now people use the term "kid" for younger people who were over the age of 18 so I suppose there is no proof, but this tape is straight out of Scooby Doo where the evil mastermind just monologues his whole plan/confession at the end.

No way dude. She says "You were just a kid" etc. Now people use the term "kid" for younger people who were over the age of 18 so I suppose there is no proof, but this tape is straight out of Scooby Doo where the evil mastermind just monologues his whole plan/confession at the end.

I was thinking the same thing ... if he was 29 at the time she could have easily been talking about 10 years ago.

Is she the same age as Bernie? If so she was 58 when she made the kid comment. We all watch sports and hear commentators refer to young professional players (typically in their early 20s) as kids. The word doesn't mean Davis was under 18.

Is she the same age as Bernie? If so she was 58 when she made the kid comment. We all watch sports and hear commentators refer to young professional players (typically in their early 20s) as kids. The word doesn't mean Davis was under 18.
exactly. how often do you hear Dukie V say "This kid can play babay!"

I still say I'm going to hang out with some kids I went to high school with, and we are all in our thirties. Most people refer to the "kids" when we talk about football or basketball players, and most of them are over 18.

I acknowledged the usage of the word in my post, but you guys are reaching. Like a starvin man for a Christmas ham.

The only thing that can spin that tape is the machine that's playing it.

Agree. Just listened to the whole thing. No question in my mind that Bernie's wife knew what was going on....and it validates the substance of what the accuser has said about his relationship with Bernie. The most damning piece of evidence yet. And after listening to his wife, I don't see how anyone can come to any other conclusion. As much as we many want to believe otherwise, that tape should bring us back to reality on this whole sordid affair.

I agree that the tape needs to be looked into more, but I think it's time for the university to step up and cease their connection to Fine. This tape is enough for that to happen before things start to get out of hand.

But the people ready to throw JB out with the dirty bathwater...why are you convicting an innocent guy? You are assuming too much, I think. Do you really think he would have kept Bernie around if he knew anything about this stuff in the detail that has been presented in the last week? I have to believe that JB has shown us enough over the years that the answer would be an emphatic NO.

Fine needs to come clean now and then disappear from the SU spotlight. If he has anything to say that can remove the cloud from JB, now would be the time to do that. He owes him that much. The guy stuck his neck out to defend him based on trust, a trust that appears to have been betrayed long ago.

Agree. Just listened to the whole thing. No question in my mind that Bernie's wife knew what was going on....and it validates the substance of what the accuser has said about his relationship with Bernie. The most damning piece of evidence yet. And after listening to his wife, I don't see how anyone can come to any other conclusion. As much as we many want to believe otherwise, that tape should bring us back to reality on this whole sordid affair.

It sounds like she is basically saying Bernie bats for the other team, that she's known it for a long time, but neither she nor he ever dealt with the issue in a constructive way (ie therapy). Instead, she just stayed out of his way and went ahead and had an affair with an 18 year old.

Does anyone know if she has been interviewed extensively at all? Did she ever retain counsel for herself? I would assume she has to now.

This is beyond anything even a Pulitzer novelist could dream up.

STOP IT!! For God's sake.

Nope, not gonna happen. My gut has told me something isn't kosher with the accusations since they first came out, and nothing as of yet has changed that. I will not say he is innocent, but I will not be quiet while everyone else proclaims his guilty until proven innocent.

At this point, the only thing that comes close to being proven is that Bernie was perhaps in a gay relationship with someone who became angry with him for some reason and is now out for revenge.

If that is what we hang Bernie for, I can just hear the protests now about the intolerant university that fired a man for being gay.

Nope, not gonna happen. My gut has told me something isn't kosher with the accusations since they first came out, and nothing as of yet has changed that. I will not say he is innocent, but I will not be quiet while everyone else proclaims his guilty until proven innocent.

At this point, the only thing that comes close to being proven is that Bernie was perhaps in a gay relationship with someone who became angry with him for some reason and is now out for revenge.

If that is what we hang Bernie for, I can just hear the protests now about the intolerant university that fired a man for being gay.

Wow, you're doubling down on this position huh? The thing that isn't kosher is the way the Fines have treated a kid that trusted them. How much more info are you gonna need - a tape of Bernie and this kid in the shower? I can't believe this board still has Bernie defenders. You all look ridiculous.

Wow, you're doubling down on this position huh? The thing that isn't kosher is the way the Fines have treated a kid that trusted them. How much more info are you gonna need - a tape of Bernie and this kid in the shower? I can't believe this board still has Bernie defenders. You all look ridiculous.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!

How much more info are you gonna need - a tape of Bernie and this kid in the shower?

Well, he hasn't even been arrested. If the cops don't consider it evidence to arrest him, why should you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom