One Week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One Week

I dont remember the game. I was 6. What i remember was my Dad getting there early and taking me to Lincoln. He told me that if we ever got separated to just go to Lincoln and he would meet me there.
One year during a Penn state game a bad fight broke out. We were sitting around the 20 yard line, low, right end zone and im not sure how but i ended up being separated from my Dad and made my way to Lincoln sure enough there he was.
Years later im living in Colorado and my Dad calls. Family issue not good. Dad asked me to come home to talk about it. I flew in and met him at Lincoln and we walked the campus as he filled me in on the situation.
Im extremely blessed to have had great parents who did and continue to in my Dads case live his life for his family. Syracuse sports and in particular are a thread that is filled with so many great moments. Most of which have little to do with the game.
Its like a great Thanksgiving dinner with your family. The food doesn't really matter.
So Saturday will be our 59th , we will beat Colgate but the game as always will take a back seat to the main event which is simply being with my Dad, our family and friends.
Please tell us that you found out years later, when you and your dad were separated at the Penn State game, he was pummeling multiple Penn State scumbags prior to catching back up to you at Lincoln.

I just checked out ACC Network Extra and it’s telling me I need to subscribe to ESPN+ for $9.99/month to get the Colgate game. Does anyone know if this is the only way to stream the game? I’ve always had access to SU streaming via the ESPN app (not plus) for free…

I just checked out ACC Network Extra and it’s telling me I need to subscribe to ESPN+ for $9.99/month to get the Colgate game. Does anyone know if this is the only way to stream the game? I’ve always had access to SU streaming via the ESPN app (not plus) for free…
I'd wait until game day. There have been several times it looked like a game wouldn't be available, then I checked the app and it was right there.

Please tell us that you found out years later, when you and your dad were separated at the Penn State game, he was pummeling multiple Penn State scumbags prior to catching back up to you at Lincoln.
Ill ask him tomorrow about it. I wish i could remember the year.

Somebody asked if your first game was the home game against Kansas. My friend’s dad, Sid Micek, was the KU quarterback that day.
It was . I dont remember it at all, i just looked up the schedule and we played Oregon State away and UCLA home that year.
I guess a couple of West coast teams a year isnt that big of a deal after all.

Is it just me, or does it seem like we have fewer training camp injuries so far than we've suffered in the recent past?

Is it just me, or does it seem like we have fewer training camp injuries so far than we've suffered in the recent past?
You better find a big ole piece of wood and knock on it

It was . I dont remember it at all, i just looked up the schedule and we played Oregon State away and UCLA home that year.
I guess a couple of West coast teams a year isnt that big of a deal after all.
My first game, as an SU frosh was the same as yours. 1964. Cuse vs. Kansas, Little vs. Sayers. What a game, and what memories then and since.

Lets Go Start GIF

My first game, as an SU frosh was the same as yours. 1964. Cuse vs. Kansas, Little vs. Sayers. What a game, and what memories then and since.

Same here. I saw Little 3 times that season - Kansas, UCLA and Pittsburgh. The weather for Pitt was awful, so that was the last game we saw that season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom