Or For F’s Sakes | Syracusefan.com

Or For F’s Sakes

CIL

All Conference
I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.

I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.
Tucker and GS are more likely to succeed then a kicker who was 1/4 from 40+ this year

How about hiring a special teams coach? Those units have been piss poor all year.

disagree if it was Andre from freshman year fine, but not this year, somehow someway hes digressed

Ok best case we make the FG. Why leave 40 seconds on the clock for Clemson to answer? What actual strategy is being employed here?

Either way explain the TO and rationalize it.

What did you think about calling the TO when it was called?

Also, Szmyt was 1/4 from beyond 40 yards this year. Hoping Babers knew that.

I bet the same crowd would be pissed if we went for it and didn’t make it.

What did you want, a go for it, the. Have to call time out and be a yard further with zero TO’s?

Make out WR’s magically get separation despite the fact they hadn’t all game? Or have Shrader turn in A with his accuracy?

They just drove 63 yards down the field. You play to win the game! Rather lose trying to win, then trying to tie it up with time left on the clock because of the quick TO.

What did you want, a go for it, the. Have to call time out and be a yard further with zero TO’s?

Make out WR’s magically get separation despite the fact they hadn’t all game? Or have Shrader turn in A with his accuracy?
I want to win and this coach can’t get it done.

I want to win and this coach can’t get it done.

Was he under center?

Or course we want to win. But at some pin the kids have to learn how to win.

Ok best case we make the FG. Why leave 40 seconds on the clock for Clemson to answer? What actual strategy is being employed here?
I have no issue kicking the ball. We have it to our best player on 3rd and short in a passing situation. He didn’t make a guy kiss and didn’t extend the ball to get the first down.

babers says to himself “We’ve got all the momentum, let’s get to OT” and sends out his kicker. I have NO issue with that choice. Andre is the all time Syracuse scoring leader, has made more kicks than anyone else ever. At some point you need to trust you guy to do his job.

now calling a TO immediately instead of burning clock? That’s inexcusable. That gives Clemson time to get something going on their end if we make the kick. Frankly Dabo should have called that TO instantly. But Dino did it for him. That’s the part that pisses me off in that spot

All the more reason to go for it.

Also, the lack of urgency on the drive was mesmerizing.

Goofy post. No one wanted to kick there. I like berbers too but come on

Odds of making it .25 times odds of Clemson not scoring after the idiotic timeout .9 times the odds of winning in overtime .4. 9%

Vs scenario where can win in regulation , or still get a shorter fg. Even if it's 50/50 picking up the first down, I think it's clearly worse to kick there

Football guys can't wait to depend on soccer guys

The clock stops on first downs and we showed some form of hurry up. we could have easily gotten off a whole series of plays to make it a 30 yard kick or even scored

I don't get the loyalty at this point, even if some of the folks here have a personal relationship with Dino. I didn't get it after Rutgers. Dino is going to be just fine no matter what happens, but let's be honest here: he could have the best RB in college football and NOT use him on 4th and 1 with a shaky kicker and the game on the line.

I know this because it literally just happened. That's a coaching error before execution plays any role.

Actually, it's more like a sin; how many of us even thought we could make that claim about our RB again? Thanks to DB, it doesn't even matter.

Goofy post. No one wanted to kick there. I like berbers too but come on

Odds of making it .25 times odds of Clemson not scoring after the idiotic timeout .9 times the odds of winning in overtime .5

Vs scenario where can win in regulation , or still get a shorter fg. Even if it's 50/50 picking up the first down, I think it's clearly worse to kick there

Football guys can't wait to depend on soccer guys
No flicking way should we have kicked there on 4th and 1 when you have Tucker and a huge mobile QB. Kicking a 48 yarder is asking to lose.

I’m really disappointed that Babers seemingly hasn’t learned anything from the past two games. 3 straight losses by a FG is inexcusable

How about hiring a special teams coach? Those units have been piss poor all year.

each unit has a coach. Instead of one coach who also has his own duties coaching all special team units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom