Or For F’s Sakes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Or For F’s Sakes

I would be willing to bet you would be going apespit postal if we went for it and didn’t get it.
Sure, maybe I would be.

But that didn’t happen. Instead he played for the tie, iced his kicker/saved Clemson time and then put out a kicker, who hasn’t been good in quite awhile, from 48 with all the pressure on.

I would be willing to bet you would be going apespit postal if we went for it and didn’t get it.
Honestly, if we went for it on 4th and 1 the week after we missed a 44 yarder I would’ve understood even if we didn’t get it. I know AS kicked the laces and it isn’t all his fault, but there’s no reason to put that much faith in a shaky FG unit with the game on the line

No flicking way should we have kicked there on 4th and 1 when you have Tucker and a huge mobile QB. Kicking a 48 yarder is asking to lose.

I’m really disappointed that Babers seemingly hasn’t learned anything from the past two games. 3 straight losses by a FG is inexcusable
Whenever a football coach is an idiot, other football guys say "you would've complained if they went the other way and failed"

It's not true and it's irrelevant. If I thought the coach made the right decision, I wouldn't go there with people

I would just like to know how many fans that are miffed he kicked it were also screaming for Tommy to come in for Garett in the 4th.

if Dino pulled Garrett I doubt we are even in the situation to kick or go for it.

loyalty to players goes both ways.

I bet the same crowd would be pissed if we went for it and didn’t make it.

What did you want, a go for it, the. Have to call time out and be a yard further with zero TO’s?

Make out WR’s magically get separation despite the fact they hadn’t all game? Or have Shrader turn in A with his accuracy?

Yes Szymt has been terrible all year, your one of the best posters on this board but this is a horrible take

That was not an enviable decision. Regardless, I probably would have gone for it.

I would just like to know how many fans that are miffed he kicked it were also screaming for Tommy to come in for Garett in the 4th.

if Dino pulled Garrett I doubt we are even in the situation to kick or go for it.

loyalty to players goes both ways.
Devito has thrown tds too, let's not be so sure he couldnt throw one td

Last edited:
Was he under center?

Or course we want to win. But at some pin the kids have to learn how to win.
I respect your knowledge but why would he go for 2 last week vs the tie and this week not go for the 1st down?
Some coaches, business leaders , military and government leaders just dont have it. Some do.
Dino doesn't have it. Hes simply not clutch.
Time and time again he chokes. Or hes snake bit.
Dinos the Mush.

Clemson wasn’t scoring in 40 seconds. Did you watch the game?

So your reasoning was because they didn’t do it yet they wouldn’t do it now?

Shouldn’t that same logic be used why we decided to kick a 48 yard field goal? What game have you watched this season that made you think that was the right call.

Shouldn’t that same logic be used why we decided to kick a 48 yard field goal? What game have you watched this season that made you think that was the right call.

I never said I supported the decision to attempt a FG. I am just saying based on what I saw, Clemson wasn’t going to win in regulation if we made it. Could it happen? Of course. So could’ve Smzyt hitting a gimme in a dome.

So how much longer until having players who can't get the job done until that line wears out? How much longer should Dino get to prove he wasn't just a one hit wonder?

I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.
Can you explain to me why he called time out and tried the FG after that? That makes no sense, all we were doing was leaving time on the clock for the Tigers. And he has made moves like that in a number of games. Look, if he would just acknowledge that he is poor at game management and needs help, that would be one thing. But he thinks he is good at it. And he is not. That is what troubles me. We all know that you can't solve a problem if you don't admit that there is one.

Sure, maybe I would be.

But that didn’t happen. Instead he played for the tie, iced his kicker/saved Clemson time and then put out a kicker, who hasn’t been good in quite awhile, from 48 with all the pressure on.

He didn't even get close. Andre has been a shadow of himself of seasons past.

When the hell are some of you gonna stop accepting these participation trophies? we’re trying to win not just compete. i’m sick of all these morale victories and pats on the back because we were close. if our damn coach wasn’t awful at his job we wouldn’t be close, we’d be 6-1 and talking about Sean Tucker for heisman. defending dino babers by saying he has us “competing” is beyond weak. our players week in and week out, out play the other team, only to be let down by their head coaches mistakes. enough with this BS.

I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.
Respectfully disagree. Dino doesn’t get a pass on situational awareness. He basically lined up Szmyt from the same spot he shanked the Field Goal against Wake. We were in a better position to convert the 4th and 1 than a 48 yard FG knowing what happened last week.

Should have been prepared to go for 2 to win the game last week and should have been prepared to go for it as long as it took to, at a minimum, get in more of a gimme field goal range. If we don’t get it on 4th and 1 so be it but at least that is sticking with a philosophy. The issue I have is that we’re an aggressive team until we start approaching the end of a half or game and Dino starts turtle shelling. And the clock management and TO usage generally leaves a lot to be desired.

Hypothetical...Shrader or Tucker get the 1st down. The clock is stopped to reset the yard markers. 1st down spike the ball. Lose a second or two. Now you have 2 plays to run before you might have a closer field goal shot...or sideline passes that stop the clock and possibly get another first down. Miracle run for a TD. Whatever.

The coaches probably would have screwed up clock management even if we got the 1st down.

I didn't like Dino's call. We've lost too many games, You have to play to win when you have a shot. We can't afford more losses at this point. Close won't do it.

nobody would have said squat if they went for it and didn't make it. the worse , less talented team should not be playing for OT at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom