Or For F’s Sakes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Or For F’s Sakes

Great call play calling Tucker runs about 55 yards down to the 20 something yard line Dino decides call time out and then they go in and the next play they have his elite passer throw the ball into a flock of defenders and we turn the ball over we needed a time out for that play God

I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.
Do you know what is not played a win and this team this program these players they need a win they don’t want to be the dredge of the ACC and Dino’s going to get them there

Great call play calling Tucker runs about 55 yards down to the 20 something yard line Dino decides call time out and then they go in and the next play they have his elite passer throw the ball into a flock of defenders and we turn the ball over we needed a time out for that play God
I think the refs got that wrong and Clemson took the TO because at the end of the half, SU still had all 3 TO's.

I have no issue kicking the ball. We have it to our best player on 3rd and short in a passing situation. He didn’t make a guy kiss and didn’t extend the ball to get the first down.

babers says to himself “We’ve got all the momentum, let’s get to OT” and sends out his kicker. I have NO issue with that choice. Andre is the all time Syracuse scoring leader, has made more kicks than anyone else ever. At some point you need to trust you guy to do his job.

now calling a TO immediately instead of burning clock? That’s inexcusable. That gives Clemson time to get something going on their end if we make the kick. Frankly Dabo should have called that TO instantly. But Dino did it for him. That’s the part that pisses me off in that spot
We should be good enough to make the FG and/or the 1st down. If we couldn't do one who would be 100% right in saying we could have done the other.

I would have went for it but I was fine him trying the FG as well. Just a shame that we've all seen this movie multiple times this season alone.

We should be good enough to make the FG and/or the 1st down. If we couldn't do one who would be 100% right in saying we could have done the other.

I would have went for it but I was fine him trying the FG as well. Just a shame that we've all seen this movie multiple times this season alone.

IF the FG was the call - WHY do you call TO there???

Run the clock down, call TO with like :02 seconds on play clock.
It’s Football 101.

IF you call TO (and we did), it’s to draw up the 4th & short play you want to run.

I was 1,444% sure Andre was gonna miss that FG as soon as he trotted out there.
He was 1-4 from 40+ this season, and this was from 48.

Our Groza Award kicker has left the building.
Years ago.
This is Just A Guy wearing Andre’s uniform.

Which is why you GO FOR IT THERE.

Play to win.

I know people are pointing fingers about shoulda woulda coulda - at some point the kids have to execute and make a FG.

This isnt on Dino at all and for those that think so need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. We struggled moving the ball the entire second half.

If he goes for it, and we DONT get it, how many threads are started about Dino going for it.

You put the players in a position to EXECUTE. Andre didn’t - like a missed FT. We had a chance.
it most certainly is on dino. andre has had issues this season, maybe it is the holder so what the result is the same. logic tells me that i have at least two guys that can get me less than a yard. and just maybe a win or get andre 5-10 yds closer. its on dino, that his fear translate to loses for the at least 3 games. if that fg was from the 25 maybe ok, but not 48yds.
if he goes for the 1st and doesn't make it, i would wager there would be few threads re this. there maybe more threads objecting to the type of play called' not the fact that he went for it
you would hear, well at least he went for it.

7716EDC0-F56A-44F8-8CBE-A5AA4802A3F5.jpeg

Can we please have a change here? There has to be one person on the team capable of catching and spinning.

Is this a riddle ?

Hypothetical...Shrader or Tucker get the 1st down. The clock is stopped to reset the yard markers. 1st down spike the ball. Lose a second or two. Now you have 2 plays to run before you might have a closer field goal shot...or sideline passes that stop the clock and possibly get another first down. Miracle run for a TD. Whatever.

The coaches probably would have screwed up clock management even if we got the 1st down.

I didn't like Dino's call. We've lost too many games, You have to play to win when you have a shot. We can't afford more losses at this point. Close won't do it.
I think you’re forgetting we would have had a TO left. Dino burned the last one on the FG attempt. So we get the first down, clock stops and we still had a TO to burn.

do you honestly think the staff told him to throw that ball? I'm guessing you're being sarcastic but I can't tell for sure

Terrible hold
And why the F is he wearing a golf glove? That in and of itself I’d imagine with the stickiness would make it harder to spend the damn ball. No?!

Last edited:
I would just like to know how many fans that are miffed he kicked it were also screaming for Tommy to come in for Garett in the 4th.

if Dino pulled Garrett I doubt we are even in the situation to kick or go for it.

loyalty
Sterlin Gilbert is the worst OC in the country
I’m not a huge Gilbert fan but I don’t get this. Yeah, not being able to consistently throw downfield is a problem but that’s not all on the OC. We played the Clemson defense tonight and put up 500+ yards against the ACC leaders last week

I think you’re forgetting we would have had a TO left. Dino burned the last one on the FG attempt. So we get the first down, clock stops and we still had a TO to burn.

True.

I'm assuming Dino would have called that TO anyway. That is the Dino way. Big play and Dino probably calls a TO in a situation like that. If the team was organized they could have set up and gone for the 1st without a TO, but we don't seem to function that way.

When Tucker's 3rd down run didn't get the first, I was devastated.

I knew Dino couldn't make a 4th down decision quickly, so he'd call timeout.

I knew because he called timeout, he'd talk himself out of going for it and kick.

And I knew that kick would miss because our kicker hasn't been good from 40+ this year. Maybe it's the holder, who knows who cares, I just know they're not going thru the uprights.

Nothing that ultimately happened bothered me as much as not making that first down.

I also thought that attempt to run clock at the end of the first half was terrible, and ultimately cost 7 points.

Get blown out by 40: fire him
Lose by 3 on a 50/50 decision: fire him

these are not the same thing, but you wouldn’t know it from the reaction. I’ll see you guys Tuesday when we’re back in normal land

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom